Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It Snowing Where You Are?

sunnyday

All schools are open by me. But the minor roads were terrible this morning, got home at lunch some roads are ok but the one I live on is very, very icy. I am sooo tired just from walking back home again lol. Theres no way I will get my car out, the road is horrible and I am too scared to drive having seen cars slide all over the place.

Beth

We were closed yesterday and I was very disappointed as I wanted to play in the snow with our preschool children ! :o

I can't remember when we have had so much snow !

Its has started to melt now but we did manage to make icy snowmen today, but it would of been much more fun if it had been yesterday !

I think we are now due rain and not snow, so I will have to wait for another six years......

Well we've been open every day so far this week - am waiting to see whether we get the promised downfall again this evening - v. v. exciting!

We've been building snowmen and the children have really enjoyed being outside in the snow. The ice pictures we made on a very frosty day a couple of weeks ago have finally frozen and we dug them out of the snow and hung them up in the trees and on the trellis. Lovely and sparkly in the sun!

We've gone inside for toast and hot chocolate, and then come back for the second round of snowball fights... :o

Can't wait to do it all over again!

Maz

Most of our children today did not want to go out this morning so we went downstairs to play in the frezzing cold church hall! Leader decdied that it wasn't safe for the few children to go out with only one member of staff.

But how would it happen if OFSTED turned up? There are a few children who dislike playing out in cold weather there are only 2 staff members at any one time and theres not secure outdoor area yet. I just wanna play outside grr.

Beth

With most of the snow gone from earlier in the week we woke up to about 8 inch this morning. :o

All the schools in the town are closed and all the kids are having a great time sledging. :(

It's still snowing now xD .

It was lovely at 8.30 this morning, I sat in my hot tub, with hubby, who had attempted to get the 12 miles to work - but failed, we had a cup of tea and a lovely soak. :( We may even be tempted to get back in this evening. :(

It was lovely at 8.30 this morning, I sat in my hot tub, with hubby, who had attempted to get the 12 miles to work - but failed, we had a cup of tea and a lovely soak. xD We may even be tempted to get back in this evening. :(

Ooh sounds just lovely, BrendaS

Might you have something other than tea though if you have a dip this evening? :o

Maz

I have no choice to get in has I can walk to work. Walked to work in a big windy snow shower, light flakes. Some poor person fell over on the ice as they never seem to grit the pavements. Work was fun, I took 4 children outside with the student to make snowballs only out 10 mins has it was cold! Walked back home, via the shop, apparently the council is running out of grit/salt so some of the buses have stoped working or are running with delays.

College maybe fun tomorrow, public transport for me! :o

Beth

we were in today but took me 40 mins to get to work (usually 15 mins) - never got out of 2nd gear!!!!!! :o

Given that I'm going in the opposite direction to you hali, I left home at ten to 8 and was in by ten past! Had a lovely time though - and found one of the children's ice pictures just where we left it yesterday, peeping out through the snow!

Maz

We had snow here too and Our school was closed... however as we were having new furniture delievered for each classroom it was a blessing not to have the children in- although I would have much rather played out in the snow with them.

Hope you are all staying safe.

L

Guest MaryEMac

I had the call at 7a.m. to say that the school was closed and if they are closed,so are we. I walked to the shop about 9 and there were so many families out in the snow. in actual fact I didn't go back inside until 11.30 cos Iwas clearing the pathwaysto the front,the coal bunker and the bin.

It took my husband half an hour to get off the drive at 8 o'clock. My daughter's boss told her to stay at home for a while to see if the roads cleared so she went in at 10. I am hoping that her boss will let her leave early tonight.

We will see what tomorrow brings.

Mary

Well I've had the day off today but feel a real fraud - it isn't that bad out there at all and I could easily have driven to work! But the decision was made at 7.30 to close the Centre for the day so who am I to argue?! :o

It's all melting very very quickly now... xD

Looking good, looking good. That's really made me laugh out loud, you know my priorities so well now don't you??

It's Coventry away by the way....

Edited by Wolfie

Well Northern Ireland finally got some snow, but none where I live!!! Belfast got it quite bad with a lot of schools closed. Girl I am on course with rang me to get assessors number as she was supposed to have an assessment today. She had already been driving for an hour and was nowhere near school and had passed 4 accidents!!

She works in Belfast and what usually takes 20 minutes, took over an hour to get only halfway! It was on the local radio that the police were advising a lot of people heading to Belfast, to head for motorway, turn round and go home!!

We are supposed to get more snow tonight, so hopefully we might get some where I live!!

Really wanna play in the snow with my son, hubby wont be joining us though, he has the flu! and its not even 'man flu', it's the real thing!!!