Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feeling Fed Up (just Having A Quick Moan)

Can I just say....aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrghghghghghgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really struggling with this course. It has come as such a shock the amount of work that's needed. I have so much going on at work I just have hardly any study time, then when I do I can't get focussed. I am falling behind again and can't see a way to catch up - it's almost like I've lost interest in it. :o The online conference has not inspired me and I am struggling to find things to say!

Is it just me?

I will not give up I will not give up I will not give up!!!!!! Sorry I just have to have a moan to those who understand!! lol

Can you delegate at work? Are all the things you need to do priorities? On a scale of 1-10 which is the most important? Some jobs are ongoing, some have a dead line. Be strict with yourself, tell yourself that one day a week is for studying and one day for writing up. That still leaves 5 days for all the other stuff.

I cant offer any proper answers I'm afraid. Hope you enjoyed the ranting anyway. :o

You sound just like me!! When I am struggling I just lose all interest and try to bury my head in the sand. xD Of course, all this achieves is making me more behind and feeling more guilty! :o

The way to overcome it is to set yourself a small achievable target and I find it best to tackle the one thing I am most struggling with or dreading. Once that is out of the way I feel sooooo much better and ready to tackle everything else with renewed vigour. :(

Tomorrow is another day!!

That's the spirit: you know you don't really want to give up but some days are just harder than others aren't they? My biggest problem was not asking for help when I needed it - so even if its just a temporary thing, get some help with the things that you don't actually have to do yourself.

Hope you soon feel more like your old self!

Maz

Hi - sorry you're feeling so demotivated, but hang in there xD . I'm actually rather enjoying the CMC stuff - but there's been some good dialogue, which probably makes a difference :o

All the documentation and explanation is a bit tedious, though, isn't it!!!

I'm starting U212 at the end of the month, that's two 60 point courses together - let's see how chipper I am in a few weeks!

Sue

Hi there, Just wanted to say i'm doing e123 and e124 at the moment which I know isn't the same course. But just yesterday I was feeling the way you are and ready to give it all up, anyway I stumbled across this forum and today I'm feeling much better about it all. We all have our ups and downs (post xmas blues) but its worth it in the end!

Hope you feel better about it soon, sometimes the answer is to walk away from it for a while without feeling guilty!

Good luck

Hi Chicken Licken

Just wanted to say, at times usually when I'm tired, I feel completely overwhelmed by this course and usually when I read the assignment questions. Thinking shall I carry on? I think it is best to walk away from it when you feel like that. I think it just needs time to sink in sometimes.

I got a good mark in my last two assignments. Even so I'm plodding on, sitting here day after day, doing stuff but really hiding my hand in the sand. The thought of providing evidence for 5 EYCLO's! I'm hoping the same evidence can be cross referenced.

Really enjoying the studying, learning a lot, then I read the questions and I find them so vague I don't know where to begin. I just have to take it step by step.

Have made some good friends too along the way.

But have never given up on anything and I hope I don't have to start now.

Hang in there! We'll help each get through it! I bet we're not the only ones.

Another kindred spirit here too......just handed in two modules (BA (Hons) and have 2 more plus my dissertation before I graduate in June..I feel despondent and tired..this is the longest 3 years of my life!!

Keep smiling everyone. :oxD:( :(

Hi Chicken Licken

Just wanted to say, at times usually when I'm tired, I feel completely overwhelmed by this course and usually when I read the assignment questions. Thinking shall I carry on? I think it is best to walk away from it when you feel like that. I think it just needs time to sink in sometimes.

I got a good mark in my last two assignments. Even so I'm plodding on, sitting here day after day, doing stuff but really hiding my hand in the sand. The thought of providing evidence for 5 EYCLO's! I'm hoping the same evidence can be cross referenced.

Really enjoying the studying, learning a lot, then I read the questions and I find them so vague I don't know where to begin. I just have to take it step by step.

Have made some good friends too along the way.

But have never given up on anything and I hope I don't have to start now.

Hang in there! We'll help each get through it! I bet we're not the only ones.

YES!!!! the same evidence gets cross referenced through most of the EYCLOs

Another kindred spirit here too......just handed in two modules (BA (Hons) and have 2 more plus my dissertation before I graduate in June..I feel despondent and tired..this is the longest 3 years of my life!!

Keep smiling everyone. :oxD:( :(

here here i understand where you are coming from Marshie

Thanks for all your replies. It really helps knowing I'm not alone!!

I'm studying again today and feel a bit more focussed. I have a tutorial tomorrow too so I am hoping that that will reinspire me too!

Can I just say....aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrghghghghghgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really struggling with this course. It has come as such a shock the amount of work that's needed. I have so much going on at work I just have hardly any study time, then when I do I can't get focussed. I am falling behind again and can't see a way to catch up - it's almost like I've lost interest in it. :o The online conference has not inspired me and I am struggling to find things to say!

Is it just me?

I will not give up I will not give up I will not give up!!!!!! Sorry I just have to have a moan to those who understand!! lol

Oh! I know exactly what you mean. I too am doing E115 and it has to be the worse course ever. I HATE IT...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

I did U212 for my last course Sue and really loved it. Found it really related to my job with children, helped me to see where lots of things "they" say come from. Was fascinating and you should get a lot from it.

Am on the last bit of my foundation degree at the moment - E215 - horrible - didn`t realise it was going to be this hard. Failed my last assignment and very despondant. At the moment I can`t muster the entusiasm to get on and ignoring my studies and pretending it`s not there. Not very grown up or an ideal study plan I know. Has anyone else expereince of E215? If I wasn`t so close to finishing I would be very tempted to give it up. To date I have loved studying, relished the challenges, found it hard at times but never this bad. Am I just being a wimp or has anyone else struggled with this course?

Sally

I've just finished drafting TMA 06 and, is it me, or is there a lot of repetition in there? I just think I haven't quite got the hang of the reflective Practice Cycle!! Glad I've done that, now just need to start on the 5 EYCLO's that still need writing up! How's everyone else doing with this?

Hi Chicken Licken

Have drafted parts 1 & 2 of TMA06 then thought I'd better get stuck into the EYCLO's so that I can get them signed off before we break for half-term. Nearly finished EYCLO 4, writing up evidence explanation in EYCLO 5, then 10, 11 and 12 to do - oh boy!

Good luck everyone!

Hi!

Had a headless chicken week but now feeling better!

Got EYCLOs documented - phew!!!!!

Now concentrating on TMA 06 - which is flowing better than expected - that CMC stuff has been really helpful :(

Tutorial for U212 yesterday was fantastic - course looks SOOOOOOO interesting - I think I can already see what you mean Sally! Tutor is lovely and I feel so motivated, which is also helping with E115.

jkwools - :o - sorry you're feeling so bad about it, but you WILL complete, then it'll all be worth it! If things really get too tough, pm me! Haven't we been lucky with the tgf dialogue though! Especially my own personal inquisitor !! :(xD:(

Sue

Debs, well done so far! Already I'm thinking of rewriting the TMA as I'm not happy with it. I'm hoping writing up the EYCLO's are fairly straight forward altho I'm struggling to think of things for ICT - it'll be 'observation of a child using a camera', observation of a child using the Bee Bot' and 'action plan to show that I want a new computer!!'

Sue, I'm really glad you're enjoying U212, I'm quite excited for starting it. Glad I'm having 6 months off in between tho so I can concentrate on the preschool and everything I want to do!

Hi everyone, I've had my face stuck to my laptop for days now and have just come up for air.......chocolate......and wine!! :o

I've finished my EYCLOs and am on part 3 of the essay. I'm off on holiday next Thursday and don't get back until 3 days before the assignments are due!!!!!! Sooooo I have to finish everything before next Wednesday!!!

Everything is running smoothly (gosh....did I really say that?) so far but I can't wait for this course to finish.

I have also started E243 Inclusive Education yesterday which overlaps E115 for a few months. Hopefully I'll run E215 and E230 together too to finish the FD next year.

Are we mad or what????

Good luck to everyone who is studying at the moment. xD

Hi there

Can anybody help with EYCLO 10 - what does it mean by positive learning strategies?

My head is spinning.

Does it mean the use of a child's schema for example, or how they learn with visual prompts, or by exploring through touch? Am I on the right lines please?

Thanks

I'm just looking at the EYCLO's now and for most things I've put 'an observation I wrote to show that blah blah blah' - I don't think I'm being very imaginative but really struggling to think of other things! I need inspiration!!

Does it mean the use of a child's schema for example, or how they learn with visual prompts, or by exploring through touch? Am I on the right lines please?

Hi Deb.

Yes, I think you are correct and Sue also, when she says 'things that work'. Learning partners could be included too.

10.1. I put a narrative account of when I discussed progress of a child with parent and talked about how I could support him through activities.

10.2 I put one of the observations I carried out for my investigation in here.

10.3 A narrative account of how I encouraged/supported some new children during a singing session with a group of children (also used this for Eyclo 12 - managed group of children).

Finished now....finally!

Off to Dublin tomorrow......with some light reading from E243....not!!!!

Good luck. :o

Thanks for your replies.

Dublinbay - Have literally just done the PEF describing how I was a learning partner in an observation for 10.2 so it's great to have your timely confirmation! Just EYCLO's 11 and 12 to do now, then part 3 of the essay!

Enjoy Dublin tomorrow Dublinbay.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)