Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feeling Fed Up (just Having A Quick Moan)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be studying this course in October, any advice anyone can give me? I'm doing U212 and ED209 this year - but have never heard of these EYCLO's.

any advice anyone can give me?

Hi there,

The best advice I think would be to make sure the EYCLOs are completed as you go along. Everyone says this, but I didn't get round to doing them until it was too near the cut off date. Have just handed in the third assignment, one more then the ECA. I have already made a start on the next one. EYCLOs are lots of evidence that you need to include in a file so that you can demonstrate you are doing what you say you do. (If you did NVQs I think you will find this easier - I didn't and I didn't).

It is a good course, I particularly enjoyed thinking about the different theorists and how my practice fits with each of them. Have also very much enjoyed the compulsory tutor group forum work too.

Good luck.

Lesley :o

• 3 weeks later...

I have really love doing E123 and E124 as this relates so closely to the work I do. I want to go on to do the Foundation degree in October but having read the comments on this forum I am really concerned that I will be able to cope with this as I am only Bank Staff and although I do have key children I have no managerial type responsibilites. Can anyone give me an idea of what E115 and E125 involves and what sort of evidence you need to provide?

Hi

Just wanted to say that having got past the first assignment on E115 and become familiar with the new terminology of EYCLO's (Early Years Core Learning Outcomes) I have found this course very useful. It involves reflecting on our study of E123/4 and for me it is really piecing together pieces of the jigsaw. It is not easy, and fitting in the time is hard, but I am finding it extremely worthwhile in my job role. I have found that things look very new and different on first reading but going back to it again and again, things become more familiar and before you know it, you understand it.

Hi saturnpa. Don't let us put you off! E115 is a very worthwhile course and as long as you have enough time each week and are organised you'll be fine. I just find it hard because I am management and find that work always seems to be getting in the way of studies. The type of evidence are things like observations, witness statements, reflective accounts, minutes of a meeting that you contributed to etc. I'm sure, as long as you have access to children and can put in a good 12 hours work a week studying, you'll have no problem at all!

I am really concerned that I will be able to cope with this as I am only Bank Staff and although I do have key children I have no managerial type responsibilites.

Hi Saturnpa

A colleague at my setting works one day a week, sometimes does extra on another day, but she is also studying E115 and has managed to fit it all in. She has a couple of key children, no managerial duties, does not attend weekly meetings, but does do full staff termly meetings. At least you will have the benefit of more time away from the setting to do the reading. As Deb says, E115 involves revisiting E123 and E124 and lots of reflection. Don't be put off!

Hope this helps.

Lesley :o

Hi just to say i have started E230 and thinking what have i done, but have said this with all my other courses have completed e123,e124,e115 so if i can help please dont hesitate to ask

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)