Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Symbols That Tell You Whether There Are New Posts In A Thread..

MrsWeasley

Thanks for enlightening me (or not) having spent the afternoon in local hospital with Celulitis (an inflamation of skin behind my knee) and now on very high dose antibiotics every 6hours I needed a good laugh. Plus in agony and feeling sick having taken the antibiotics as directed on an empty stomach. Any advice for dealing with my knee gratefully accepted

Hope we finally get an answer but then maybe it could be incorporated into a quiz of somesort!!!!

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Ok... really really confused now. Surely if you've got red spots you have to stay at home wrapped in a poorly blanket and watch daytime tv.Do blue spots mean that you're not so poorly and although you still need to be at home you don't need the blanket on the sofa any more. No spots and it's back to work!!!

Oh dear that did make me laught out loud so much that mum asked me what I was laughing at. :o

Beth

Hey Beau this makes a very good competition of it's own. Who can come up with the most imaginative answer?

Actually I think the dots, spots or whatever you call them are a form of mind control. Part of a mass hallucination project to take our minds off the rigours of the EYFS and all the extra challenges we face. Where else would we spend more than seven hours of our day debating what the spots mean?

If they filmed this, we'd give Channel four a run for its money - better than Celebrity Big Brother any day! :o

I have to say that I have found this thread very amusing!

And u thought us irish were slow :o

I know the truth behind the little red dots.

The red dots are a secret web cam, pale when they are off, bright red when they are watching you!!!!

The ones without dots still have the secret camera in them, but these cameras have been hidden so that those people who suspect they are being watched by the ones with the red dot, will go into these instead as they think they cant be watched, but they can be watched cause the camera is hidden!!!

Oh and dont even think about asking Steve, cause he WILL deny it!!!!!!!

Oh and dont even think about asking Steve, cause he WILL deny it!!!!!!!

I think you just won the non-existent prize for the best answer to the queston, mummyspud! I love a good conspiracy theory! :o

Oh and Mrs Weasley aka paddy whacker, it didnt work because you got it wrong!!!

it should be

tree

BOOM!!!!!

Hi all -

Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday. If you find topics that don't match the explanations below, don't all shout at me...

And sorry that the truth is more mundane - although we do of course have several webcams of mummyspud which we're saving for the next competition. :o

Red F = Hot topic (I think, from memory, anything that has had more than 8 posts is classified as a hot topic).

Red F with dot = Hot topic (as above) but with a post that has been added to since the last time you viewed the topic.

Once you've viewed the topic you should find the red 'f' goes pale. I'm not sure why the dot doesn't disappear. I'll put that on the long list of things to investigate when I run out of proper jobs...

Bear in mind that not all these things work seamlessly - as evidenced by the My Assistant/New posts feature which we get problems with from time to time.

I can't believe you've all swallowed Steve's explanation ... Clearly a curve ball to throw us off the scent!!!!! Red dots - trouble makers (that'll be me then). Red dots with spots - marked members (so Steve and Helen tell Ofsted we're not at home writing our Sef but really at home playing). Blue dots - Ofsted have marked our card (moved us up the inspection list). Maybe STEVE = Secretly Telling Everyone Very Efficiently.