Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Chat

Guest Jeminia

Anyone up for the honour of having the first chat of 2009?

For anyone who might be interested (and thinking ahead to any possible new quiz in November! :o ) the first chat of 2009 was enjoyed by mummyspud and me, followed by Cait. All with MrsWeasley looking over my shoulder...

Maz

Mummyspud: I remembered this morning. I think the third religion James Nesbitt was talking about was Manchester United! xD

Thanks for great chat last night/this morning! Imagine what people might have learned about us last night if they were eavesdropping! :o

Maz

oh did I miss the first chat of the year? Doh!!

Actually there have been a few, as well as last night's mammoth session between mummyspud and I. Given the time we finished I absolutely share MrsWeasley's shock at my being up and about at that time of the morning! :o

Looking forward to chatting to you soon mundia!

Maz

Can anybody help me? :(

I need some advice about how to write letter sounds (as spoken by children) as opposed to saying the letter name itself. I know there's a proper convention to be used, and I know I knew this information once. But it has obviously slipped out through the cracks in my brain because I can't for the life of me remember. Frankly I'm too lazy to go and look it up and I'm not sure where to start looking. When I get a minute I really should catalogue my books... :o

Is there a kindly teacher who could help me by running through how its all done (and give me the correct terminology too!)? I think there could be a bit of a Q&A session needed - so if you could spare some time in chat I'd be very grateful!

I'm available whenever you are! xD

Thanks

Maz

Can anybody help me? :(

I need some advice about how to write letter sounds (as spoken by children) as opposed to saying the letter name itself. I know there's a proper convention to be used, and I know I knew this information once. But it has obviously slipped out through the cracks in my brain because I can't for the life of me remember. Frankly I'm too lazy to go and look it up and I'm not sure where to start looking. When I get a minute I really should catalogue my books... :o

Is there a kindly teacher who could help me by running through how its all done (and give me the correct terminology too!)? I think there could be a bit of a Q&A session needed - so if you could spare some time in chat I'd be very grateful!

I'm available whenever you are! xD

Thanks

Maz

If you mean the way words are written for people like BBC announcers in order for them to be able to pronounce words correctly, then I can't help out. Try here

http://www.teachit.co.uk/armoore/lang/phonology.htm

If you mean the correct pronunciation of phonemes then these can be found here: http://www.getreadingright.com/Pronouncephonemes.htm

The ones most people get wrong are l m n.

I'm not really sure what you mean by writing them so perhaps if you said why you need to do that someone might be able to help.

Sorry!

I had two children today playing with wooden letters, which have pictures on them. So A has apples on! And they were going through the letters saying "A for apple" and "B for balloon" and I want to write the letter sounds rather than just the letter in the observations.

Is that better? xD I'm rubbish at explaining what I mean! :o