Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Head Lice Policy

Does anyone have a head lice policy i could look at please

We don't have an actual policy: we just put a notice up saying there has been a case and then give out a letter explaining how to check for lice, and the wet combing method.

Maz

We have a bit in the prospectus saying something like 'please let us know if your child has headlice so we can alert other parents, no names need be mentioned', that sort of thing and what to do if they do get them

This is a really good site. Bug Busters

we did a leaflet and sent out on the same day to all parents, plus same as cait, asking parents to inform us if their child had them, then send out a reminder for checks.

All 4 of my foster children have had them since they came to us 18 mths ago, I got them all cleared during the summer holiday, now they are back again. Even my eldest at 14 yrs had a few last night. I comb through once a week (conditioner and comb). I treat with a solution if I find any, they are kept at bay but never seem to disappear completely during term time. I can never get all the eggs out. :o

Peggy

p.s. Hubby and I check our hair as well but fingers crossed we've always stayed clear.

I'm also a huge fan of the nitty gritty range, the best £10 I've spent. My middle daughter's class are regularly getting letters sent home, but we've been nit free for year now. I also nit comb all of us once a week, except for hubby who's a skinhead.

Karrie

As far as I am aware it is same as schools and should not deny attendance.. used to be able to but guidelines changed...

we don't.. just inform parents and give out leaflet in appropriate language these days.. trouble is they don't do a Polish one! keep requesting but they say until enough request they wont do one..

Perhaps everyone could ask for one email dh@prolog.uk.com putting headlice leaflet in as the subject. This is also the email to order bulk copies of the one in English.. All free..

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)