Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Let's Celebrate

mundia

:oxD:(

I could add more, but you're limited to just 20 :( 's and believe me, you'd need more. Its a childrens centre by the way. And thats all I'm saying. :(

Bliss, thats what I was expecting, but sadly, no!

today I was told it was 'no mess Friday'. So the EYFS is up and running really well here!

Arh but rea, that means that its 'mess days' Monday to Thursday which is much better than no mess days EVERY day, so there's your positive (?)

Im sure you can think of others....

Thankyou all for contributions so far, its a feel good thread we all need dont we (well I do!!)

Guest Stalbans

Have only just found this thread but it was just what I needed after a weekend of feeling way out of my depth and like I'd made the biggest mistake ever by accepting the post of preschool supervisor last May.

My positive thing happened this afternoon when I opened the door to welcome the afternoon children, to be greeted by smiling faces from parents and children running into the room almost forgetting to say goodbye to their respective parents. One Mum then said ' We've just been talking about all the children wanting to come to school over the weekend, they just want to come all the time'

Most of my afternoon children have just turned 3 and never experienced preschool or day care.

Like you said at the beginning, I need to focus on the positives, no matter how small. These children have come on so much in 3 weeks, they are calm, happy, eager, building great friendships already, I guess I must be doing something right!

Thanks for fantastic thread

Hi Can you tell me which trolleys on wheels you bought? We are a church hall nursery and thinking of applying for a grant for those, how did you manage it/ organise your resources. Any advice would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AmeliaA

We are based in a village Hall and have bought some fantastic equipment which includes trolleys on wheels from a company called 'Community Playthings'. I must say its been so fantastic to be able to get all the equipment out our cupboard (we have to pack everthing up at the end of the session) with wheels on it. The trolleys where quite expensive but worth every penny ! they are also robust.

Well I'ld like to say well done on providing Ruth Pimental with a slide full of quotes from this thread in her keynote speech this week to LAs across the land on the successful launching of EYFS.

FsF in very high places.

Cxxx

My celebration is having delivered EYFS training about 6 times now to about 60 people a time and each time sending out practitioners enthused, excited and ready to go for it. I think it was the realisation that planning can be flexible, that we can respond to the children and get rid of the plans that have been done year in year out. Seeing Reception teachers scribbling all over their planning and changing things in order to respond to children's ideas and interests (eg. one classroom had oranges and squeezers out because a child had said they wanted to know how orange juice was made! that makes me very happy!)

Now looking forward to seeing what it all looks like in practice.

I'm celebrating watching my Grandson running into his FS class without a backward glance. Something is definitely right.

Yours was one of them!!! It was a national LA strategic lead event and she gave the state of the nation speech - and referenced the celebratory theme of the thread with some postings. Cx

It was a national LA strategic lead event and she gave the state of the nation speech - and referenced the celebratory theme of the thread with some postings. Cx

Did anyone give their permission? :o Sorry - couldn't resist!

Wonder who is the appointed person to keep an eye on us? We've joked about Bezza being on here in disguise but perhaps we have another interloper! xD

Was the Forum officially referenced, catma? It might account for the ever increasing numbers of new members I spy everytime I log on - and well-placed rumours of our own LA taking out a subscription some time soon!

Maz

Maz - we knew someone was watching didn't we!

Having the EYFS has given us the clout to encourage reflection and improve our practice.

Just hope the Incognito One takes note of the other informed conversations on this great forum.

I have only just found this thread but have found it very interesting to read. Along with most others I have found the easier planning system my 'celebration'.

It is also really good to be able to plan activities that the children can really enjoy taking part in as they are the ones who initiated it rather than planning things in July to do with the children during the following school year! Now that I don't do this any more I look back and think 'What were we doing?'

Sarah :o

Hi Catma,

I was there too, to hear Ruth quoting those uplifting posts! What a shame we didn't meet up (although I don't know your real name, mine was on my badge! :o )

I keep in touch with Ruth from time to time, and she was interested in finding out what FSF members thought of the EYFS so far, so I sent her a link to the thread. That's how it appeared on the screen!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)