Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Putting Principles Into Practice

Hi all,

How are people referencing the four principles into practice in their planning. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advancexxxxxxx

Well at the moment I have detailed notes about how we are implementing the principles in our continuous provision planning sheets (well, in the one I've done at the moment, that is!).

And for my FDEd I had to do a planning assignment so I designed an activity plan format based on the four principles.

Maz

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

How are people referencing the four principles into practice in their planning. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advancexxxxxxx

Hi I'm having the same query, do we need to show the principles in our planning , long term & daily planning? What is everyone else doing? & if you are showing it on your plans how are you showing it? any help/guidance would be much appreciated. THank you xxx

the attached form is really good........but when i open it i only get three of the four principles am i doing something worng or were there only three there to begin with?

its been a long week and i am beng particularly technophobic tonight

its been a long week and i am beng particularly technophobic tonight

No, you're not - there are only three there - learning and development isn't there! I hadn't even noticed until you mentioned it...

Maz

Well spotted indeed! I agree about the short term plans covering the 'Learning & Development' bit. Perhaps a small note on the bottom outlining this and where the evidence is would suffice?

I'll attach the other Principles into Practice document someone uploaded. Thank you to whoever you are! :o

Principles_into_practice_2.rtf

after an hour of searching on my hard drive i found the other one (it would have helped if i'd saved it under principles into practice haha) can i just say this is brilliant and has springboarded me into finally finishing what i started when i saw it the first time around!

Well spotted indeed! I agree about the short term plans covering the 'Learning & Development' bit. Perhaps a small note on the bottom outlining this and where the evidence is would suffice?

I'll attach the other Principles into Practice document someone uploaded. Thank you to whoever you are! :o

Oh thanks very much it's brilliant BUT why do i keep getting gobblygook for the second part??

I'll attach the other Principles into Practice document someone uploaded. Thank you to whoever you are! xD

Thank you so much this is brilliant & something all settings could use and adjust to ensure it meets their settings individual requirements...Thanks again x :o

Sorry I am dazed and confused! Ias any of this paperwork really necessary?? I thought we are now able to 'talk the plan' to ofsted or whoever. As long as you know what you are doing you do not need any of this!!

I had a service level agreement meeting today where one of the questions was how are you meeting the EYFS i used my (adapted for our setting) version of this to show how we were meeting the principles and both the Children's centre manager and the committee members who were present liked what they saw. they also thought it was a very easy to read and simple format to see at a glance what we did in each area.(and its not just OFSTED who might want to see it)

i will also be using it when (erm if i ever get around to ) completing the SEF and putting it in the operational plan........ so thank you for the kick start

Oh thanks very much it's brilliant BUT why do i keep getting gobblygook for the second part??

Hmmm, just checked and it seems fine, Its just one page if that helps.

The second one seems to be a .rtf format rather than .doc - could this be the problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
No, you're not - there are only three there - learning and development isn't there! I hadn't even noticed until you mentioned it...

Maz

IN the original thread this was pointed out and she corrected it further down

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)