Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Site And Forum

Steve

Hi -

This topic is intended as a starting place for any comments, problems, criticisism and advice on the new site. Hopefully those of you who visit regularly will be unsurprised by the change - others can find out more about it by visiting the index page (top left of this page).

Currently we have a small problem which is preventing current members taking out a subscription. We hope to have this solved within an hour - I know how anxious you all are to do this! :D

Yes, very nice!! Perhaps that's a bit tame - I'm feeling at home already, just in time to go away for the weekend and forget how to navigate it!!! :o

Award yourself a gold star Steve! xD

Sue :D

Thanks both!

I've fixed the subscription upgrade facility, by the way. Anyone who decides they want to do this can do so by going to My Controls (top of this screen), finding options, and clicking 'Purchase Paid Subscription'.

Let me know of any problems you encounter - there will probably be a number over the next few days, but hopefully nothing critical.

It all looks soooo lovely! :D Well done - you get a gold star for effort. The only thing I would say is that the topic 'header' and the bits at the bottom have really small font and I'm finding it difficult to read. Or do I just need new glasses? :o

Thanks all for the comments. It's great to get the positive stuff, but I would also be interested in any problems. Thanks Carol - I'll bump the font size of the posts up a bit. I did wonder about that! :)

Rea - I change title when I get to 1000 - so another three posts to go!

No problems so far Steve. :D

I have manged to subscribe and happily parted with my £20, what a bargin for all this stuff. :)

Well done and I'm sure you will sleep easier tonight now that things are all up and running even better than before.

A big thumbs up from me.

Sue

No it doesn't Lorna!

(Well not any more anyway. Thanks for spotting that one :) )

Don't think I do get a prize actually hali. Since I'm the only one who sets the competitions, and I'm sure I'd have remembered...

Hi Tracey.

Yes you're right. There was a different colour for 'visited' links. Didn't think anyone paid attention to it so I left it out. No problem - just for you I'll put the colour change back in tomorrow. :)

Well done Steve, Helen and helpers

The site continiues to be fantastic and easy to use :D. Some of the font at the botton of pages is very very big, is it my PC or is it like that on every ones?

Carol

Hi Carol -

Can you give me an example of which text is big?

This could be due to the setting of your browser. Some of the text is controlled by an absolute pixel setting which forces your browser to show it as the same size, while some is set to an average, but your browser can override it.

Try this:

On your browser menu, go to View, then Text Size. Look to see which text size the bullet is set to. If it's more than medium (ie larger or largest), set it to medium and see if that makes a difference. :)

No problem San - you might find that a good setting to change anyway. If you go and look at, for example the BBC website, you'll probably find it a lot more readable now with the text size set to medium.

But I really should have checked this site first to see what bits of the display I'd left variable. I've just had a look with a large text size and you're right - it looks horrible! :o

Just in case anyone is interested, there's a big debate in the web design world about whether to set font sizes absolutely or relatively. The main reason in favour of it is so that visually impaired browsers can still read what is on the screen. On the other hand - it can have unexpected results as you've noticed...

(That could probably go in Mundia's useless facts topic I guess...)