Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Site And Forum

Steve

not nearly useless enough Steve. :o

I need big writing. but I also think the background and text colours make a a difference.

So I can read black on white a tad smaller than I can read blue on green. (if it is green)

Each to their own I guess.

Why can I still post messages without subscribing I didn't think I'd be able to ??

Will this change and if not what do I get for my £20 a year ??

Sorry if its a silly question but I'm a bit confused ( it doesn't take much believe me !! )

Hi hotgoss -

Not a silly question at all. I'm not that experienced at marketing so I probably haven't been as clear as I should be...

I thought it would be civilised to let the current members see the new site, have a look round and not have to rush in and pay a subscription fee on day 1. I'm hoping that people will feel it's very good value and subscribe over the next few days.

In a few weeks time only the subscribed members will be able to post, so that is the first incentive!

Also, we've posted a number of new articles and begun providing some new resources, eg the first in a series of recipes. Some of the articles are open to everyone, but others are only available to subscribers, so hopefully there is another incentive. (I've yet to receive any feedback on the articles so I don't know how useful people will find them.)

And finally, after the first few weeks, I will be limiting read access to the forums, so that only subscribing members will have access to all of them.

And if visitors need another incentive, how about one that appeals to the community as a whole - the more members that subscribe, the more we will be able to do to provide resources back into the community. I hope most people who have used the forum over the last months have felt it to be very useful. To make it available permanently, it can't be left to just a few noble souls to contribute to it! :)

Let's see how we get on! If anyone wants to see and read more about what we're trying to achieve, have a look through the About Us part of the site. One thing is for certain, it will only achieve its potential if enough people decide the goal is worth supporting!

The way i have looked at subscribing, is that I am almost repaying back for all the useful information I gained prior to my OFSTED inspection, which I would have gladly paid £20 for if it had been in a 'How to get through your OFSTED visit'! :D but a book dosen't allow you 24 hour access to some lovely people, and someone to grumble to when you are down :)

Trea :)

I love the new site, just look at the time I posted this! I havent had time for a proper look round cos I've got children who are addicted to the internet. But I have discovered how to get the writing at the bottom of the posts (signiture) Who says you cant teach an old dog new tricks? Will Steve be changing his picture to go with his new name? :D

Hi Rea -

I'll have a look for a more suitable photo. Thanks for the comments!

If you go here, by the way, you can put Daylight Saving Time into effect. For some reason the system prefers each user to set it individually - probably because it doesn't know where in the world each user is.

But that should sort out your time problem! :)

Hi steve,

Could you have a spell facility as well. My fingers are not as nimble as they used to be (age, I guess) and sometimes press the keys in the wrong order. :o

Spell check would be useful in my case. and I might be more understandble!!! xD

I've just noticed that a different photo pops up on the home page each time you look. I've spent a fun few moments going back and forth a page, just to look at all the different pictures!

I particularly like the one of the small boy holding the very large ball. I was trying to think of a witty speech bubble caption for the photo, but my brain isn't working properly yet this morning!

:D:o

Hi steve

i've tried to use the links section- tScotland and York as well as the different schools of thought links- (stiener, Emilio etc etc) but no joy. Are those links disabled?

Please advice

I too love the new site, but I seem to be unable to access the forum index. When I click the link I get an error message. So I can still view new posts, but not have a look at all of them. Am I alone in this difficulty?

Dianne xxx

(PS I really do like the look of the site!!!)

Hi Dianne -

Thanks for the comments - I'm a little worried that you can't see the forum index page though. What is the error message you get when you try?

Just to be sure we're talking about the same page (www.foundation-stage.info/forums/index.php) click here to try to get to the page and if you can copy the error message you get I'd be grateful.

Steve. :)

Dear Steve,

Yes, I'm still getting the error message when I click the link. Here it is:- (it's quite long, so I'll try very hard not to make a mistake!)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function:whoschatting_popup_link()in/home/foundation/public_html/forums/sources/lib/chat_functions.php on line 144

Doesn't mean anything to me, but I wonder why I'm the only one getting this? It may be something to do with my settings on my computer?

Dianne xxx

Hi both -

I think I've fixed it for you. You both seem to have been using an old standard forum skin. Would you have set this yourself or has something weird happened? Let me know if you still have problems...

You should also now understand what all the talk about the site and forum integration means - if you weren't able to see the new forum appearance before that explains a lot! :)

Apologies for the inconvenience. I'd better check to see who else is using the skin you were using!

Hi Leo -

Sorry I missed your post earlier, but I've just uncovered it.

They work but I see a possible confusion. You might be clicking the headings themselves, whereas in fact the link is on the word 'here'.

My fault - it's very confusing! (I'm learning a lot about my lack of design skills in this topic! :D )

I'll change the link in a day or two to include the heading. Thanks for pointing it out!

Thanks Steve, that's fixed for me too. I never even thought about the fact that I'd changed skin!!

(And I like these colours better too!)

Dianne

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JudithU

Haven't logged on for a while as have been really busy with end of term madness. The new site is great. Much easier to find my way around. Really enjoying all the discussions and I think the recipes are a great added feature. Keep up the good work. Have just paid my subscription so am now looking forward to another year of interesting information. :oxD

Hello all!

Haven't been on here for ages - have been completely immersed in end of year work in school and at college (end of 1st year in Foundation Degree, hooray!!). What a fantastic change there has been to the website and forums, really easy to use and very informative.

Well done and thank you!

Hi both -

I've just got back from a night's camping and read these (I'm known for my great sense of timing....)

Many thanks for your comments. It's really good to get feedback from people who haven't used the site and forum for some time and are seeing the many changes we've made.

And thanks, Judith for your subscription. A great vote of confidence! :D