Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Very Last Day Tomorrow

As my topic title says it's my very last day tomorrow, it feels quite surreal, like it's just the end of term and not the actual end of my business.

Lots to do still but I always do leave everything to the last minute xD , only just got back from the shops with the staffs Christmas presents, and wrapped them. Now I'm on here as I always am when I'm really busy and should be doing something else. xD

Last night I finished at 1am, and will most probably be later tonight. Got cards to write out, wages to do, 10 Achievement books to tidy up and update. Need to download all the childrens ( and staffs) photo's to disc.

It's been a difficult last week, Monday I had to do a consultation re: Child Protection, will have to do a referral. Very sad news, the scout master died of cancer, he'd been ill for quite a while but it's still a shock.( I rent from the scouts hall) A parent has defended my small claims procedure for non payment of fees so I shall have to go to mediation on that, and then 10 minutes before closing tonight our area SENCO arrived asking if I would meet with him in the new year to continue a statementing process for one of my preschool children, plus do a referral to SENCO for another child at the preschool.

ooh, then one of my staff got a letter yesterday saying she has an interview for a new job, tomorrow 11am, ( talk about short notice) right in the middle of our Christmas/last day party plans, she tried to rearrange it but the school couldn't so, bless her, I said she must go because she said she wouldn't so she could be at preschool to support me and say her goodbyes.

All the above in a normal weeks work but why during my last week. :rolleyes:

HOWEVER:

I am just going to try on my 'snow queen' dress ( white ball gown - it fit me 2 yrs ago :o ), well, you can't blame me it is the last chance I will get to 'dress up' and feel totally at home with all the children in their fancy dress. Where else can you dress OTT and get away with it eh? :(. I'm looking forward to being Mrs Santa tomorrow, decided I want to give the presents out, bosses perogative :( , I've watched what toys the children have enjoyed using most and wrapped them up as a little reminder of their preschool days, plus I know they will get something they really like. :wacko: . Party finishes at 13:30, a quick clear up and......

Then it's a quick dash home, get changed and on the train to London for the WET WET WET concert.

YIPPEE. This was planned 1/ for hubby's birthday and 2/ To keep my mind off what will be a very happy/sad day.

So speak to you all on Saturday as the new retired Peggy, ( well sort of :( )

Peggy

Oh peggy

What an emotional week for you it must be so sad for you to say goodbye to a business you have worked so hard for. Have you got lots of plans for your spare time?(Are you available for supply!!!) My thoughts and best wishes are with you for tomorrow it will be a poignant and emotional time for you all.

very best wishes for tomorrow Peggy!! It will be a very emotional day for you and your staff and children!! Can you post a picture of you in your outfit?

Enjoy the Wet Wet Wet concert!!

Jenni x

Oh Peggy what a brave person you are.. I shall be thinking of you and shedding a tear. Your parents and children have been very privileged to have had some time with you, and I'm sure that you have touched their lives and had a beneficial impact on their futures. Lots of hugs ((((Peggy)))

I am sending lots of good wishes to you on what will be an emotional day.

It will be heartbreaking no doubt, because you give so much, but hopefully your next task/challenge is just around the corner and brings you the rewards that you deserve. All the best to you Peggy.

Hope you enjoy your concert :o

oh Peggy, it will be a bittersweet day, surely??I am sure there'll be some tears, but it's a lovely idea to give the children a toy from the group.Enjoy the day,mrs Claus!

and enjoy Wet Wet wet...........I met the band many years ago, when i worked at a recording studio, and have had the true pleasure of having had Marti pellow singing a song to me, just for me...................a memory to treasure.I also watched him singing an impromptu soul session with Micah Paris, by candlelight in the studio dining room, simply astonishing........enjoy!

Best wishes for tomorrow Peggy - I'm sure it will be a very emotional day with lots of hugs and kisses from the children and parents. You have touched the lives of many children who have passed through your pre-school and I am sure they have benefitted from all the loving care you have given them.

Have a lovely day tomorrow and a great concert.

Even though you have "retired" I'm sure you will be on the forum giving us the benefit of your wisdom as usual.

All the best for whatever comes next Peggy!!

Sue J

Oh Peggy! BIG HUGS to you :o

YOur message brought tears to my eyes and a golf ball size lump in my throat.

You are an inspiration to the children, parents and all of us on the forum. xD

Put on the ball gown with pride, enjoy every single second and don't forget to pop back and let us know how it went - with pictures of course! :(

Have a great day Peggy. The reality will probably hit home next term when you dont have to go into pre-school and dont have to do all the million and one things normally on your list.

Enjoy the dress, the occassion and the toy giving. Happy new year :oxD

I've not been on the forum for ages due to ill health Peggy so I'm really behind the times. May you enjoy your retirement and have a lovely Christmas and New Year. Hope you keep us updated how you're getting on now and again. Take care!

I hope you have had fab session!!! what a great way of finishing off with your ball gown & presents. This will be a day that you will never forget and in time you will be able to reflect back on today. Think of how you have inspired, encourged, supported and loved all of those little ones and their families through out your years of being with them.

Now it's Peggy's time, it's not an easy time but it will get better, it's not a fun time but you will smile, it's not a time to ponder but a time to make future plans for you & your family. Be strong Peggy and look after your self.

Peggy,

I hope you got through the morning without too many tears. Try not to dwell on the negatives as to why you have had to reach this hard decision and focus on all the postive things that you have achieved for the children and their families over the years - your expertise and genuine love of early years shines through on the forum and I'm sure that your preschool will be missed in the community.

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the Christmas break with your family - just think - no planning :o

I had been wondering how you were getting on. Hope you managed to get through today. My best wishes to you in whatever you do next, hopefully not too far from Early Years.

Have a good Christmas with your family, then look forward to the new year, invigorated Peggy! Look out world!

Oh Peggy, I hope you have enjoyed your day. What a mixture of emotions you must have been feeling!

The Wet Wet Wet concert sounds a great idea. Hope you have fun.

hope u had a fab day today and all went well :(

hope seeing wet wet wet is even better :o

saki

we went to see snow white pantomime today with the pre school and it was FAB!!!! xD

Guest MaryEMac

Peggy, I missed your post yesterday. I hope today went well for you and your staff and children.

Enjoy the Wet Wet Wet concert and then relax and enjoy the festive season with your family. Please don't desert us on here as we will still need your wise words.

God bless

Mary

Are you home yet? :o

I hope the day went really well, and that you left on a real high knowing that you have always done your very best for the children and families you have supported over all these years. Often people only tell you what they think of you when they say goodbye - so I just know that today will have been very good for your self esteem! I'm sure all day people have been telling you how fabulous you have been, and how much they are going to miss you.

Luckily for us you're not going anywhere so we can continue to benefit from your wit and wisdom...

I hope the concert rounded off your very emotional day and that you will always have fantastic memories to look back on.

Am looking forward to reading all about it!

Maz