Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

One Hundred K...

Steve

Hi all -

Another landmark number which people have mentioned to me over past days, is that we're approaching our 100,000th post. I reckon, by our posting rate, that this should happen over the next day or two. :o

So, without wishing to introduce a post distortion field here, I reckon the 100,000th post ought to be worth a prize. Haven't yet decided what that might be, but I reckon the person to make the 100,000th post and the first person to point out that the 100,000th post has happened should be worthy of something...

HOWEVER -

If there is any tiny little feeling that posts are being made to push this forward, or jockey for position as the critical post arises, your post count will be stopped, possibly forever. Don't look all innocent, it's happened before and you know who you are... xD

Let's see how we get on!

Where do you see how many posts there are ?

had a look around cannot see it

Now I am sure its soooo obvious

Just seen I have hit a mile stone my first 100 :o

I hope it's not me - knowing my luck it would be a boobie prize - having to write out the whole of the EYFS backwards or something similar :o

As if, Jessica! xD

You can find the number of posts at the bottom of the forum index page, towards the bottom of the screen where it says FSF Statistics. Currently at 99,943 - although of course it will now read 99,944...

And I'm off to see the Harry Potter film later this morning, so I could well miss the result! :o

How exciting! And what a chatty lot we are. Well done to everyone who has contributed to the forum - without all these posts from all the wonderful people here the forum would be nothing. :o

Wow! that's a lot of debate, discussion, and opinion being shared!

On the topic of posts is it possible to have my old post total from my previous Forum incarnation (Mazlittle) added to my new one? Then I wouldn't feel like such a new girl...

Maz

Well I think this prize is for everyone, remembering : all 'you' amazing team at the FSF that enable this incredible forum to be even possible,all who have taken time to 'lend a hand' to help others and to those who have also had the courage to ask for help. Thank you to you all. luluj

Um - well done someone...

Having gone awol and watched HP this afternoon I'm going to have to do some work to work out who actually hit 100K first, but hali definitely gets the notification prize.

Congratulations to all of us on the first one hundred thousand. Let's see how long it takes to get to a million! :o

I thought I was being all clever coming on here to announce that I'd spotted it! Well done to whoever it was and well done Hali. I am off to sulk now as I never win anything... xD:o

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'm sorry about this chaps...

Hadn't forgotten, I've just run into a problem due to not thinking about it carefully enough. It turns out to be practically impossible to work out who made the 100,000th post (in the sense of the person whose post corresponded with the 100,000 mark on the front page).

Without getting too detailed, I'd just expected to run a database query for the 100,000th post, but it turns out that the db version of the 100k post doesn't correspond with the number of posts shown on the front page. That's because, over the years, some topics and posts have been deleted, but the post count in the database keeps on counting. And since there's no record of how many posts have disappeared I can't count back or forwards the relevant number of posts.

I can't even match the figure on the front page with the db entry and then count back/forwards from there - for some reason this doesn't seem to be consistent...

The only two things I've thought of doing as a compromise, is

a - to give the result of the official 100,000th post (which actually happened the day before).

b - to announce the result as the closest post to hali's post saying that the 100k post had been reached. This will be slightly arbitrary as I can only look through the various posts in all the different topics for that time and have a guess at which one it should be.

What do you reckon?

In any event, hali's win is not in doubt, so I should have got back to you before now. :o I was going to give a year's free subscription as the prize, but I've just noticed that you only renewed your subscription in June hali, so I've re-funded this year's instead, which you'll see in your next statement. You now have £20 extra to spend on suncream ( like you'll be needing that this year!).

Congratulations hali ... or whoever. Although I would have loved to have been the magical posting, I just think this site is SOOOOOOO fantastic, I'm sure the million post will come round sooner than we think.

Thanks to Steve and everyone out there who is always so ready to offer help, advice and sympathy :o

Harricroft xxx