Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phase 1 Letters And Sounds

Hi everyone,

I recently downloaded a document from here that a wonderful person had done with the phase 1 letters and sounds activities. As I've had a bit of time over the past 2 days due to knee opp, I decided to add a bit to the end!

I've made a table for each Aspect of Phase 1 to show an overview of the main purpose, the activities and the look, listen and note reminders for each strand. I'm going to laminated them and use them as a quick reference to check that I'm covering all the strands in each aspect in some way. I've also added the main purpose to each activity card.

Hope the person who posted these originally doesn't mind??

Green Hippo

phase_1_activities_1_.doc

thank you very much this is great and does save a lot of work. Is it ok if I use it thank you

killowengirl

Thanks Green Hippo! It's brilliant! I've been meaning to get round to doing something similar and now you have done it for me.

Hope your knee's mending well.

Gruffalo2 :o

Thanks smiley, it must have been my computer having a bad moment.

I had to turn it off and start again!

And thank you Green Hippo that's great.

jackie.

• 4 weeks later...

This pack is absolutely wonderful - many thanks.

One of the activities Sound Stories says that "there are many commercially available resources with pre-recorded sounds to illustrate a simple sequence of events (e.g. a thunderstorm)"...

I have searched the Internet but I cannot find any - can anyone suggest where I might obtain these?

Also, does anyone know of any computer software that they could recommend for Phase 1 phonics or sound recognition? I have found several Internet sites with excellent games but we do not have access to the Internet in our setting - though we do have a computer?

We have Dog and cat, letters and sounds phase 1 cd Rom and its BRILLIANT! they also do phase 2 and 3. It's very child friendly. We were very lucky in Lincolnshire to receive it in an ICT bundle.

Thanks so much for this resource, I'm sure it will be so helpful. I was needing to sort out the letters and sounds planning for our 2-3 year group, this should encourage me to sort it out as at the moment we only do planning for letters and sounds for the 3+ age groups. What age do others start their letters and sounds planning? I was told by my EYIO that I have to do it for the 2-3s.

• 8 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)