Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree

Hi Everyone,

just wanted to say, well really i want to shouttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, but i am containing myself :o

I have been accepted at college to do the Foundation Degree, i only sent the application in on Tuesday had a phone call on Thursday to call me for an interview on the Friday morning, was told i would know in 2 to 3 weeks, but when i came home from work today, there was a letter telling me i have been accepted, conditionally upon references and CRB and evidence of my Level 3. Which are all in place, i am soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited.

Thank you for listening.

Rosepetal

Congratulations! It will be hard work, and you'll learn so much (about yourself as much as anything!) and I can honestly say that whilst you might not enjoy it all the time, you will look back on it and think it was very worthwhile.

Enjoy your studies!

Maz

Congrats - i've just posted my Registration form off today to start FD in October - now I'll be waiting to hear if I've been accepted.

hi everyone

I have also applied to do foundation degree in may , wont get a interview until september and start in october.

I will have to worry the whole summer about the interview and weather i get a place. :o

Well done to everyone who has a place . xD

Hi Rosepetal -

Blogs are just really like online diaries. You can make them available for others to read or keep them private. Have a look in the blogs area at, for example Sue Rs diary of how she worked to implement a non-topic based project at her nursery.

You need to set up your blog (which you can do from 'My Controls' on the green bar at the top of this page), and you can make it elaborate if you like (with different categories, eg Personal, Foundation Degree, etc) or leave it at the bare bones. You can add little content boxes at the sides of the page, and do all sorts of things. They're not used a huge amount on the FSF, but could be a good way for you to record your experiences. :o

Hi Rosepetal -

Blogs are just really like online diaries. You can make them available for others to read or keep them private. Have a look in the blogs area at, for example Sue Rs diary of how she worked to implement a non-topic based project at her nursery.

You need to set up your blog (which you can do from 'My Controls' on the green bar at the top of this page), and you can make it elaborate if you like (with different categories, eg Personal, Foundation Degree, etc) or leave it at the bare bones. You can add little content boxes at the sides of the page, and do all sorts of things. They're not used a huge amount on the FSF, but could be a good way for you to record your experiences. :o

Thank you Steve,

I will have alook at it.

Rosepetal

Good luck to you,

And yes, Blogs are really easy!

Also really good for allowing you to look back and be reflective - unfortunately right now I have no time to sort mine - sorry, just too busy!!

Steve - are there really so many ways and fol-de-rols?? I must explore more.....!

Sue

Congratulations to you Rosepetal and all the others who are starting the foundation degree. I have almost finished my first year and can honestly say it has been a wonderful life journey and can't wait for the second year.

Enjoy it and get used to burnt dinners, messy house, piles of washing and late nights.

Net xx

:oxD:(:(:( :wacko:

Congratulations Rosepetal and everyone else who is starting the Foundation Degree this year. I'm on my last assignment - the special project (2nd year). I can honestly say that I have enjoyed the entire two years and am looking forward to starting the hons. top up in September.

sorry i'm probably being really dumb but do you have any info on this? I'm really interested in doing the foundation degree but have no idea what's involved or where it can take place, or cost or anything.... do you have to do it aint university or is it a college thing? plsss help me!! lol

Guest Wolfie

Whereabouts in the country are you Helen? Do you have any colleges near you? It's fairly certain that they will be running the course if you do - try them as your first port of call.

i'm from southampton and yes i have many college's around me but i havnt heard of any doing foundation degree's before its usually the university's....

If you are near Southampton I know that Brockenhurst College offer the Degree in two years and Bournemouth Uni offer it over 3 years. Try their websites. I did it the long way with the OU and it has taken 4 years but I have now finished and awaiting result. As far as I know it is still a fully funded course and the colleges/Uni should have funding details.

Good luck

Teri

Hello

I'm from in Southampton and I have been accepted by Winchester Universty for the foundation degree starting in september - I will be attending for 17 Thursday's in the year.

I went for Winchester as I decided they have been offering the course for several years now and have it well set up + you can continue there for teacher status or EYPS. my setting is in Hampshire so I have applied to them for funding.

I also know you can do it at Eastleigh College and Tauntons, but you attend every week (Eastleigh is 1pm - 5pm). It depends on your personal circumstances and they are different Foundation degrees - I'm doing Childhood Studies.

If you go on the Winchester Uni web site there are more details or send me a personal message and I will give you the course admisitrators's details.

Hope this helps

Guest cathy m

Hi Helen

I've just completed the foundation degree via the OU. It worked for me as it meant I could continue working and study via distance learning. Many people have been able to get funding through their early years service

Good luck

Cathy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)