Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Uniforms

I don't think there is any legislation about uniforms-legislation implies laws and I would't have thought that would apply in this case. All companies, whether they be childcare, retail etc will have their own idea of the number of garments they provide.

I give my staff 3 polo shirts and 2 sweat shirts but I know of many nurseries/preschools who provide one of each and staff have to buy any extras they feel they need.

Linda

Under the H & S Act - Manual Handling, yes there are laws, just refreshed today.

Trousers/cropped in summer (we use black) that allow you to bend- as jeans are restricting.

Covered and tied shoes/trainers that allow your feet to move (especially when lifting)without loosing them.

We did have polo shirts but changed to having tabbards with the settings logo. Thinking of changing to tunics that dental nurses wear - to be addressed at next staff meet. As an employer would welcome the tunic style top with logo!!!

don't knnow re legislation or guidelines, we are given two sweatshirts (fulltime staff) and asked to purchase our own polo shirts through the supplier. we can wear our own polo shirts if we want as long as thier black,white, purple or lilac (our uniform colours) but most staff prefer to buy their polo shirts through the supplier as they then have our nursery logo on them :oxD

Dawn

It should depend on how many days/hours a person works. All our full time staff have 3 polo shirts each: 1 to wear, 1 in wash and 1 ready for next. Part time staff have 2 if they are employed and only 1 if voluntary.

We have our logos on these but we bought the polo shirts seperately (much cheaper this way) we also provide a bank of coats and waterproofs in 2 basic sizes.

depends on hours, 3 polo shirts and 1 fleece full time and 2 polo shirts 1 fleece part time , we have a annual check and staff able to order up to 2 new tops each year, fleece is replaced when worn out. As our staff are stable this year no one needed new items, but will for next as they wear out!

Inge

Guest Wolfie

I'm almost certain that there's no legislation relating to HOW MANY pieces of unifrom you have to supply...it depends how generous you're feeling!! :o

Edited by Wolfie

Guest MaryEMac

Playgroup provides us with 2 tabards with the logo and we provide our own white t-shirts and black trousers.

Mary

That's exactly what I meant Wolfie! I realise that there are health and safety issues around footwear etc. but there are no regulations for settings to supply an amount of items or any uniform at all if they don't want to.

I supply all of my staff with the same amount and I don't expect them to pay for it. It was my decision to go down the uniform route and feel that I should pay for it. If they ruin it during washing or in any way at home then they have to replace it themselves. If it gets ruined in work then I will replace it.

Linda

• 1 month later...
Guest Wolfie

Which one are you hali? I've searched for one holding a glass of red wine but can't see one??!!? :o

Bet you're the one in Yellow???

Nah... she looks far too happy to have just survived the foundation degree... (and of course I have the advantage of knowing which one she is!!).

Love the multi-coloured t-shirts! Am now going back to see the cheeky child!

Maz

note the cheeky child!!!!!! :o

Hali that is absolutely fantastic! What a character! This will no doubt be used to good effect when he's a bit older...

Maz

Ooh now I want to know which one you are - my guess you are wearing pale blue on the left as you look at the picture.

Going to put this on the tracker - so you must reply - be nice to put a face behind the name

Nikki

I know which one is Hali as she used to have a photo on her profile. When did you take that off Hali?

I remember that! Wasn't it your wedding photo Hali?

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)