Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYFS training

Helen

Our training is going to start in September here in Stockport.

I would think SmileyPR that if it is being provided by the local authority then you would have to be a setting within that LEA to be able to access it.

Linda

Not a dicky bird down here... but they are so busy with CLL training days, and A Link programme between schools and pre schools to provide transition for children with additional needs, it may be a while!!

Inge

Same here, am in East Sussex and am booked on training for June. There were 2 places on course, one for head/deputy head of school and one for one of the foundation teachers (there are 2 of us).

hi I'm from the Wilshire area, again not heard a dickie bird - have downloaded a few things from the net - waiting to get our info

from LEA.

Our training is going to start in September here in Stockport.

I would think SmileyPR that if it is being provided by the local authority then you would have to be a setting within that LEA to be able to access it.

Linda

Hi Linda,

We are not under a LEA. We are an independant private school in Belgium. Just wondering if we could go to the UK and benefit from any training for the EYFS. Until now, we still work with the British Curriculum.

we are going to the launch. It is supposed to be head teacher and a FS teacher going but instead the FS co-ordinator and know it all FS teacher going!

Is this a bad thing or a good thing?

Guest Wolfie

Personally I'd rather wait a bit longer for the training if it means that the people delivering it take a bit longer to prepare it and it is of high quality. I've been to training in the past that seems to have been rolled out too quickly in response to the launch of a new framework or practice document and hasn't really met the needs of the practitioners.

Hi wolfie,

I'm very inclined to agree with you!

I know that Nottingham City, our local Early Years Team, are spot on at meeting the needs of providers, so am happy to await their training - they are perfectly well aware of the September 2008 deadline, and will, I'm certain, get everyone up and ready in plenty of time!!

As for us, having read the EYFS doc carefully and looked at our practice (full daycare), I don't think it will take too much in the way of tweaking. (Well, you've got to have FAITH, haven't you!! :o )

Sue

Been to the launch today, got the pack and the cards explained very well, we had a set of questions to answer over a cup of coffee with the answers all in the pack. It was presented very well with a wide range of practioners attending which created a very interesting disscusion as to how it will affect different provisions. Well worth making the effort to go to.

Guest MaryEMac

Our setting has been invited to attend an awareness raising briefing at the beginning of June. It's a 2hr meeting. They will also be handing out the packs although we already have them.

It's on a first come first served basis and if we don't get on this one they will repeat it in the autumn.

Mary

SmileyPR - I am in same situation as you, working in a private overseas school that uses the British Curriculum. Colleagues have gone on courses in UK before and I don't think it will be a problem - if school is prepared to pay for it! Our head encourages us to go on relevant courses during holidays when we are back in UK but also pays for flights and courses for some co-ordinators to update knowledge and then feedback to staff.

I will be looking out for EYFS training near where I live in the North of England. My school is a member of the British schools in the Middle East (BSME) organisation and there are courses set up in places like Dubai for Heads or other staff to attend? Do you have something similar in Europe? Problem is most schools I know about use PYP not British curriculum.

Good luck in getting on a course next term and please let me/us know how you get on.

:o

Hi Leedwa!

Thanks for your response :o . Until now I don't know of something similar to that here in Belgium :( . Our Head of Primary has said that he will see what he can do and I am sure they want to help somehow. Sometime ago they offered to pay the sessions in one of the Educational shows, but I had to pay the transportation and stay. Financially, I couldn't do so then. I hope next time it is easier xD .

Anyway, thanks for your orientation. I will keep it in mind :( .

Hello - re EYFS training in Essex.

For those of you that work in settings in the Essex County Council jurisdiction ONLY (not Thurrock or Southend Council's as they are unitary authorities), please go to the Essex CC forum where I have posted some information on some forthcoming EYFS briefing sessions with a number to contact for further information.

Hope this helps.

Just heard from Cheshire - our Briefing session is in June (One manager/supervisor per setting only) - however - not a particularly good start from Cheshire - we've had the 'ammended' list of dates and venues for the Briefing Session and not even received the original list and letter which had the attendee's application form with it!? :o (Hope this isn't the pattern of things to come)

We're going to have a 'launch' next half term but 'training' won't be till next academic year. I suppose this might mean the bones will have been picked through. You just want to get ahead if it's going to come on line. Have got my copy, but haven't really looked at it yet ... half term job ...after reports :o .

Snap, today we got our ammend list of dates, but like you have not had the original list or application form.

and its so not useful when the ammended list does not even have contact details on it,.....

if you happen to find out anymore on this could you let me know

thanks

Dawn

Just heard from Cheshire - our Briefing session is in June (One manager/supervisor per setting only) - however - not a particularly good start from Cheshire - we've had the 'ammended' list of dates and venues for the Briefing Session and not even received the original list and letter which had the attendee's application form with it!? :o (Hope this isn't the pattern of things to come)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)