Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fundraising

I recently did some hand and foot prints of the children, included the famous poem about grubby handprints, dated and laminated them and sold them to parents for 50p. Most parents told me afterwards they would have paid more for them! Maggie :o

hi,

the children in my setting do a sponsored event every year, all the money raised goes towards toys and equipment for the children.

this year, was a sponsored bike ride (were lucky to be in a large hall) the children raised £857 this year, are best total ever.

im off to spend it all on friday so the new toys are ready for when they go back after easter.

we also hols an art exhibition every year of the childrens work, and pen it to thew public, raises about £200 and were only a small village.

other ideas include, jumble sales, cake stalls, bingos, etc.

hope this gives you some ideas.

Hi Skippy -

There's a conversation here that talks about various fundraising ideas - you might find it useful.

The Barnado's toddle seems very popular - do you know about this? I think 75% of the money raised goes to Barnado's but the rest can be kept by the organising group. You can find out more about how to register here.

Hope this helps - and good luck with it! :)

Our most popular (and easiest) fund raiser to date has been a Valentines Hamper. We managed to get a local 'posh' hotel to donate an evenings bed and breakfast, donations of champagne, glasses, chocs, pampering at hairdressers, flowers etc. Everyone was really keen to buy tickets because the prizes were so good. Involves a fair bit of phoning round for someone (our fund raising secretary was excellent at twisting peoples arms!). Just pick a theme and off you go!

We have done the Barnardos toddle for about five years now and are aiming to take part again this year. 75% of the money raised goes to Barnardos and the rest we get to keep. The children have to walk half a mile-which is not very far. In our case it is from our entrance, to the front of church, six times round the small garden and back again. We involve parents and carers and siblings and go back into pre-school for refreshments afterwards.

The reason I particularly like this is that not only do we make some money for our group but we also raise funds for a good cause. This is a great one for psed as we tell the children all about what we are toddling for and needy children. Last year we made just over £900 altogether. I think parents support it so well because the money is split.

Linda

We do a sponsored collect. I give out a card that is divided into 10 squares. In each square I print something to be collected and glued onto the card. For example, a daisy, apple pip, button, something yellow, a tiny stone, a feather, grass, picture of a cat, a 20p piece, etc, etc. The children are sponsored for all the squares they fill. Parents tell me that their children love going round collecting the things to stick onto the card - so we all end up having fun!- the children collecting and sticking and me spending it on Pre-school. We do this sponsor once a year and we have just raised £341. Not bad when we only have 30 on our register.

When we needed new carpets (£182), I drew a large poster with these words written in bubble writing -

We are fundraising to buy new carpets for Pre-school. Every time you donate £1 your child can colour in one of the letters. When all the letters are coloured in we will have enough money to buy the carpets. Thank you very much. :)

This only took about a month as most parents donated more than once.

We also have a Fun Morning in July when the children have races and a fancy dress competition and we have various stalls - tombola, raffle, guess weight of cake, cake sale, hook a duck, etc. At Christmas time when we do our Christmas play we have raffles, tombola, refreshments and cake sale.

How about sending out empty smartie tubes or those plastic film cases and asking parents to fill them with any change (£1 coins fit into the film cases). We have done the Barnardos toddle and we have done red nose day. If you register with Red Nose you get ideas for fund raising and a scratch off poster. What you raise using the poster you send off 50% and keep the other 50%.

Hope this gives you some more ideas

Sue

We have done sponsered walks, silence andbike ride in the past, all have been very succesfull. The silence was quite easy too, we asked them to sit quietly for 1 min, we did it in 2 parts, 30 seconds in the morning and 30 seconds in the afternoon.

This year we are doing a sponsered danceathon, will have to see how this goes :D

Done the sponsored jumps , silences,etc

Childrens favourite is Assualt course e.g. down the slide ,through the tunnel, over the beam, do a somersault throw the ball in a bucket. A group of children help to count and record their friends achievements. I take a photo of each childand send it home with a certificate. We get lots of funds.

Hi

We have done sponsored obstacle courses, growing the tallest sunflowers or bean plants, a biggy was a aution that we did last November we raised over £1000 for a computer with just donated gifts. The easiest that we do occasionally is buy smartie boxes and get the children to bring them back in full of 20ps!

The only thing I would say about sponsered events are that I don't like them! I live miles away from my family and all my friends have kids about the same age. So when it comes to sponsering I just have to end up putting in all the money myself so it looks like my child has got sponsers :o (there are 6 of us and a dog and 2 cats!!)

This year theres been the Valentines hamper raffle, quiz sheets for sale at £1 each (which go into local shops etc), a quiz night and a bingo night soon. Other years we've had things like a curry night, pasta night, folk night, disco, coffee morning, boot sale............I'm sure there's more. Being a small community in the middle of nowhere everyone's always glad of a night out!! :D

Best thing we ever did (going back to my Pre-school and Playground committee days now) was a "treat yourself evening". Get local beauticicans, reflexologists, colour analysis people, hairdressers, etc., in. They will come for free because it's good for business. They will give sample treatments. The set ticket price includes glass of wine, finger buffet (very cheap to do), and two "raffle" tickets. Visitors choose two practitioners that they would like to sample and put their tickets in with them. If they get drawn (the luck of the draw!) they get to sample for free. Everyone else gets a running commentary!

The whole idea caught on locally and, now, unfortunately, it has run its course around here, but if it's new to you, it is a great money-spinner. Also, you can run a conventional raffle during the evening - the businesses will willingly donate vouchers as raffle prizes.

The first one of these we did locally provided enough funds to fence-off the children's playground and to buy a large play structure.

Diane.

hi skippy

thanks for the email, having troble sending reply, so ive put it onto here.

the sponsored bike ride.

all the children are invited to take part, we have a large hall and we set up a course using cones so the children go round the same way.

each key worker group gets 10 minutes to begin with, their laps are counted and recorded on their certificates they get at the end.

at the end, all the children went round together.

we asked if no scooters could be brought in as we were also assessing their ability to pedal. the younger children (2 year olds) were helped if needed, all children were given a push if they couldnt pedal.

we kept the groups seperate because we have 2 year olds and some of are 4 years olds ride without stabalisers and go very fast. we just asked for anything with pedals, bike or trike.

most of the children were sponsored for a maximum, some had brothers and sisters sponsor them by the lap, say 10p a lap. most managed an average of 15 -20 laps, some over 50 laps.

as the children still had their bikes in on the afternoon, we let them ride again, it was lovely to see, one little boy, only 2, let a little girl ride his trike as he pushed her round.

as all the staff have young children, most of us have a collection of trikes and bikes between us, so if a child did not have a bike or trike, they could borrow one from us, or as they took it in turns, they could borrow each others.

each year we do it, we look at a differnt aspect of learning, this year it was physical, to see if they could pedal, last year it was about road safety and we had the roadway with lights, stop signs and even a child dressed as a lollipop lady. the children would have to stop at the lights, to understand red stop, green- go.

if you need anymore info, please let me know.

i hope you do this fundraiser, and if your a committee run group like me, make sure that you tell them, the kids raise the money so it should all go towards buying them new toys.

ive spent over £600 this easter buying ours new toys, it was great fun, and the kids will love it when they come back monday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)