Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ok Who's Got It?

Has anyone got their hands on a hard copy of the EYFS yet? Still Waiting here! I know you can look via the net, but I'm of the old school and much prefer to have something to hold and read! Just wondered why such a delay - surely the publisher's must have been given some indication of the demand expected?!?!?!

There was also a problem with the CD so, as far as I know, the local authorities have not received theirs yet. I think we will be in for a long wait!

Linda

I've got one - our LEA has hundreds - but have only got mine because I'm on the Early Years team with the job I do. Teachers/preschool workers etc haven't got them yet.

Looks quite good but the cards are fairly flimsy!

I don't get mine till mid June at the next early years network meeting our LEA runs. We have been instructed to bring a large strong bag as its quite a weighty pack. Can't wait !!!

xD

Still waiting for ours too.

:o I was also told that the training will be delayed because the trainers haven't been trained yet!

There's a very interesting programme being shown on Teachers TV about the EYFS, which puts across several different views....... worth a look!

Still waiting for my hard copy too. My LEA have started the initial training and when I told my school I

would need to go I was told bluntly that they weren't sure that could release me. I'm still fuming!!!!! Top down attitude yet again!!

I was on a course yesterday and was told the trainer had a copy back at their office, but no sign of training yet, and didnt really see the urgency, I took the opportunity to point out that as their was so little guidance available (without this forum of course) for the B23 at first and it took such a long time to distribute and the courses to be available, that there were many people who wanted to get their hands on it sooner to let it sink in. She agreed. and I also said i found it quite silly that the LEA and Early years teams are withholding them until they decide how to roll this out, but that we can all freely access it online! She also agreed, lol.

i cant believe we have not been consulted about this either, as surely we should have a say in how we would like to be trained. :o

and I also said i found it quite silly that the LEA and Early years teams are withholding them until they decide how to roll this out, but that we can all freely access it online! She also agreed, lol.

In the LA where I work, we are not purposely withholding the packs (not that we've got them yet anyway!!) We have made a conscious decision to only give them out to providers when they access the training so that we know that they have all had the same, consistent message.

Obviously, we all know that it can be accessed online, which has allowed some peple to start digesting hte format and information, which I think is a great idea (bearing in mind the way the BTTM Framework dropped on our doormats) but we want to ensure that we know as a LA that we have given out the same message so it can't bounce back on us in the future with providers saying 'we weren't told that'.

When the packs arrive at the LAs there is going to be some briefing information on how to roll out the training, so that is another reason why things aren't happening as quick as some providers would like - we need to see how the powers that be envisage the training to look before we can start passing out the packs and information.

Our packs are due to arrive early next week I think, so we'll know a bit more about how it looks and what the trainng is going to consist of then...

There's a very interesting programme being shown on Teachers TV about the EYFS, which puts across several different views....... worth a look!

Yes LJW I agree the programme was very interesting and is worth a look! Go and seek it out, tommorow at 12.30pm and 7.30pm or online at your lesuire. :o

Now I am off to watch another programme but on the computer this time (been kicked out of my bedroom) about how early years works in Sweden.

Beth

I see that there are consequences either way with regards to when the packs are recieved, as lots of people will be asking the early years teams questions, but from my point of view, its taken a long time to access the B23 training due to high demand and restricted numbers, and I feel that i would like to have some familiarity with the packs (althought i know they are following the same ideas as B23 and FS) so i dont feel stupid when i get to the training.

I feel that if we are given enough time to learn the details through and through, that the training will be of more benefit, and now that the website holds the same info, its seems silly that the packs arent forthcoming.

I would also like to start getting my head around the whole thing and any differences and better ways to explain the points to new staff, parents, my students etc... with complete confidence. All of this takes time and it might sound competitive that i want to be one of the first to do this, but I also think its a bonus that im excited and motivated to do this as are many others and it seems that by the time the rest of the Early years sector catches up with us, all this is lost. I hope that makes sense.

It just seems to have taken a long time since we were told that they were coming out and still have heard nothing. :o

Thanks for the link Star. I found the learning journey cards really interesting. Its going to be hard not to second-guess the lea training if we keep on dipping into all these resources!

I know this isn't topic related at all but it's the only way I can get an SOS message - have been trying to access this site since it's upgrade - but couldn't get on anything - Please let me know Steve am I doing something wrong?

Well, surprise, surprise, I had a knock on the door just before 5.00 this afternoon and there was a Parceline driver with my copy of the EYFS! Haven't had a good look at it yet but it's just in a cardboard type wallet folder. Anyone else got their's today?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)