Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Are You Having A Good Easter Break?

Just wonderd if every one was enjoying the easter break? I am finding it is great not to be racing against time in the mornings!

Got a busy Easter weekend planned with visiting my "out laws"! xD , guests in my house :( , taking the jet ski (s) out for the first time this year :( , chinese with loads of friends on sunday :( then my folks all over on monday :D while my husband goes to football :o .

Looking forward to it all!! But most of all looking forward to the Tuesday when all is done and peace will be back in my house!!!(and me with a cold after falling off the ski, not sure it really is warm enough yet!)

What are you all up to?

sounds like fun leslie.

i have written a disserations, taken kiddies to Thorpe Park and been visiting!!!

We have a relativly quiet weekend (unusual) but am out for the day on Sunday for lunch..... :D

Shopping today with 16 yr old son. We are going to Barcelona on Tuesday with his rugby team.

(and for those who are interested in rugby, his team, Woodrush U17's, have just won the 'National Regional Bowl', north midlands, and are playing in Keswick in April in the semi-finals of the nationals U17's. Fantastic results lads)

Hubby and son no. 2 are staying at home xD

Sunday lunch with father-in-law coming. Got a lovely duck and a joint of beef.

Really should do some gardeing between now and then, and the ironing pile has a life of its own (keeps falling over)

Best bit is not having to get up in the morning but for the last 3 mornings I've been up at 6.30 :o

Well, I am resting at home :( because I have hypertrophy of my costochondral junctions (radiologist)... while the Dr thinks is just a strained muscle :( . So, I have tried to rest. Not much to do since it is an area that keeps moving all the time with breathing.

Tonight we have our Maundy Thursday service at church. Holy Friday would be in Dutch and then Easter Sunday in English :) . I plan to dye my hair on Saturday xD . I will spend all Easter Sunday afternoon and evening with my family-in-law. That includes a lot of eating and board games :D .

The weather seems okay for next week, so we will certainly go around the country and just enjoy nature together :( on the days my hubby got free.

And... of course... prepare my next term :o

Do you also have 2 weeks for the Easter holiday?

Im not usually off over easter but i have taken 2 weeks off hols to spend with my girl.

We are out at a country park on friday she loves places like this because she has the freedom to run and play around.

We also have our birthdays coming up in a weeks time i turn 40 :o and samantha will be 23, (where do the years go it only seems like yesterday she was a tiny little bundle) we share our birthday which is lovely, so ive got a little family get together to sort out.

It is just so nice to not be rushing around all the time x

I have been having an ok break. xD I have been very busy working with children, trying to complete coursework for uni. Now I have to complete application forms and prepare for a couple of interviews, one today and one next week. :o

So much for going out, I am ment to be outside in this lovely weather now, but on the postive side I am busy preparing for an interview later on today. We will go out later and stay out until after this interview. :D

Beth

I'm having a lovely time - decorating the bathroom! Honestly, I'm really enjoying it! Gone is the 1990's yellow paint and yellow stripey fabric - its all gone white - very white!! I bought some lovely fabric for the blind (this afternoon's project) and will line the laundry basket with it too. I made the shower curtain yesterday (you hang the cheap nasty plastic one inside it) and today I bought a white china soap dispenser, toothbrush holder, toothmug and soapdish all for £2,99 in Wilkinsons (fab shop) and a new loo brush, not that my teenagers know what its for!

Got to go, itching to get on the sewing machine now!

Guest MaryEMac

I've cleaned out my kitchen cupboards and re-organised them. Trouble is only I know where things are now kept !!

Started doing the stuff for next term but got sidetracked by a gossip with my neighbour. :o

We are going to buy a new sofa tomorrow, taking our 2yr old granddaughter with us. She is just out of nappies so I need to take the potty with us.

Going to play snookerette tonight for my local pub team.

So I'm enjoying it so far. :D

Mary

Having a good time just not having to get to work. Have been swimming every morning which has been great. I have been clearing out in my bedroom so that I can decorate and get a new bed at half term in May.

We have a farmer's market locally on Monday. These only happen twice a year and a great way of meeting up with people-I usually see half my pre-school children there. I am looking forward to that.

Hope everbody else is having a good time.

Linda

Took my children to build a bear yesterday as their easter treat! Emily (3 )built a bunny!

I will be going to an outdoor church service tomorrow morning and visiting mum in law very ill in hospital! diverse weekend really! Happy Easter to all!

Guest Wolfie

Well, I'm just enjoying having time to be a Mum for a change, even if it means feeling like a taxi service from time to time! :o

And I'm looking forward to going to a couple of Wolves' games....I know you might think that's sad but I just LOVE going, it's not just the football (thank goodness after a 6-0 thrashing last Saturday), it's the atmosphere, the company, having a laugh, etc.etc. It's a real unwinder, even when we lose!! xD

And we've bought a copy of "The Holiday" to watch over the weekend - saw it at Christmas and want to watch it again! :(

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Took my children to build a bear yesterday as their easter treat! Emily (3 )built a bunny!

We went on Tuesday and both my girls built bunnies. :D

Today I was outside cutting willows in readiness for my willow dome attempt in the garden. I have marked out my circle and will be planting and building in the morning. :D

Over the long weekend I'll be:

Friday - we're going to the hotel to finalise some wedding plans

Saturday - baking choc brownies and 2 friends from work are coming over

Sunday - chilling

Monday - finishing off work ready for my EYPS assessment on 18th.

well guess my easter break begins now then, since its bank holiday tommorow xD (can't believe the amount of parents who thought we were open tommorow :o )

So plans are:

Tommorow ~ into work to catch up on some office stuff (haven't been in office last two days so work needs doing!), then off to Wheelock farm with my sister, and two of my work collegues (and thier children)

Saturday ~ Taking my sister to a work collegues daughters birthday party, catching up with washing ironing etc

Sunday ~ going home and mum is cooking me lunch (she is missing me apparently LOL)... then onto pubs for the rest of day/evening :(

MOnday ~ probably hungover, so most likely sleeping...but if i happen to stay awake LOL, i need to prepare somestaff appraisals, and look at starting my written tasks for EYPS

so busy busy mostly!

Have a lovely long weekend everyone

Dawn

School finished yesterday.

Meant to be in the Sahara for five days but husband's luggage did not arrive so forced to cancel holiday and wait for his luggage. Went to a great new pakistani restaurant last night overlooking the mediterranean (owned by a parent so we got a free starter).

Today - dinner at Corinthina hotel

Saturday - picking up luggage from Tripoli airport (hopefully)

Sunday - wedding anniversary (should have been trekking through Sahara, looking at prehistoric rock engravings and having a romantic evening looking at the stars) but no plans as of yet. Possibly Italian restaurant or this great fish restaurant I have found.

Rest of week - relaxing, reading, sunbathing, hopefully swimming in pool (certainly visiting Corinthina's spa), drinking Green tea and cappuccinos in a great little cafe near me overlooking the sea and trips to the souks and cafes around Green Square. Also day trip to Leptis Magna and day trip to Sabratha (roman cities). Maybe trip to zoo (although quite a sad zoo - they could do so much more to it, animals are breeding but it's not the same as London Zoo or Chester Zoo).

Next week - 3 day trip to Ghadames (visit museum, sunset in dunes with Tuaregs, folk music etc)

(Writing all that has cheered me up, got lots to look forward)

Happy Easter everyone! Enjoy your hols.

Good to hear your news Leedwa, you sound really happy and settled out there?

Oh yea lost luggage, I remember well the lost luggage when I lived in Grenada traveled to St Vincent and my luggage went to Trindad. You wouldn't believe what we (me and my friend) to find a place to stay that night as we had no money and no documents to travel on to where we were going!!

Easter for me means garden, which has been very much neglected. My seedlings are all busy hardening off, the slugs are busy polishing of my beans (again) and I cant see the fish for muck in the pond..

My long weekend started on a funny note. :o Umm I thought I was going mad this morning when I saw a 2 headed dog, well not really it was a small puppy underneath another small dog. xD I don't know what I was thinking.

We still haven't decided what to do this weekend yet, I know I have lots of coursework to be done, prepare for an interview - questions to ask, look at the FSC to refresh my memory and what to say to the pre-school children as no doubt they will be asking who I am and why I am here.

Beth

Guest Wolfie

Have had a great day today...got up and decided we needed a spot of seaside! So we drove to Aberdovey and have spent the day on the beach, glorious weather, lots of fresh air, a real tonic. I can't get over the fact that it's only April 7th and people were in the sea and walking around in bikinis!!!!! :o

Bikinis!! I guess in Wales you have to be an optimist!!! (Not really......... sorry, couldn't resist!). Glad you had a great day Wolfie, not too far for us either but I spent the day doing war in the garden!

Everyone seems so busy but in a happy and enjoyable way. Gosh off to Asia!

Well I have my daughter-in -law and two Grandchildren staying whilst my son is off ski-ing with his school. I am so lucky to have a DIL I really get on with- we have fun and the children are of course wonderful. :D

Thursday was our Maundy service. Friday was the Good Friday Service and hot-cross- buns afterwards and a quiet service in the evening.

Saturday I have been doing lots of flower things in Church and at home as we have an Easter tree. We shopped for food for Sunday as all my family are coming, and my very elderly parents who are so much better after the terrible time we had at Xmas. I do have to spend more time looking after them now. We re-do the Xmas dinner after the Easter service - even Xmas pud!

We will hunt for the eggs left by the Easter bells when they return tomorrow morning. Easter bunny is strange to me as I was brought up to believe that the bells leave on Maundy Thursday and only ring again on Easter Sunday. As they return they drop eggs for all the children to celebrate the return of Christ.

The weather is wonderful but on Monday I take my DIL to the ferry to return to the IOM. My hubby is off to France for a week to get our boat lifted out of the Seine and lorried to Angers.

Hopefully the sunshine will last enjoy your Easter everyone.

Carol - well done!!

Is that Ben? He's like a clone of my Steve at that age - hair, beardy thing (don't tell him I said that!!) Or is that Rich? !! :oxD

And is that the bride-to-be, hiding in there? She looks like she'll make a beautiful fairy!!

Sue