Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm Going To Be A Grandma!

Nothing to do with education but I am over the moon with my daughter and son-in-law's news. My first grandchild and it brings back to me all the joy of hearing about my own pregnancy, especially when we had been told we would not be able to have children.

The big decision now is should I be Granny or Grandma? Oh what a wonderful dilemma to have.

I'm such a happy bunny and myb husband and I keep looking at each other and grinning inanely. :)

what great news :D

im a grandma to a 4 year old girl Faith, and a 21mnth old boy Joe.

they just make everything worthwhile and bring so much happiness. my grandaughter calls me grandma or gran if i tease her :) .

im so lucky as i see them both nearly every day and my grandaughter is in the foundation unit that i work in so i see her all day five days a week. I love my job :D

Congratulations to you and your husband. I didn't imagine that I could ever love a child so much as i did my own but becoming a grandma/pa is just so special.

It does keep you in touch with all the latest fads as well.

I wanted to be called grandma but our first grandchild born 15 years ago had other ideas and she named me bubble and my husband goggle and those names have just stuck with us. When she introduces me to her girl/boy friends I am now "nan" and my husband just keeps out of the way. Both he and my son are in denial that she is growing up. Good job that my daughter in law has the sense to invite and get to know all of her friends!!!!!!

Many congratulations to you!! My son also gave my parents their own names, my mum is 'mar mar' and my dad is 'pa pa'. That was only because he couldnt say the full 'grandma', but the names have stuck and all subsequent granchildren use the same names!

My mum insisted on being mamma which she still is to my daughter.

As a step granny I insisted that Id just be called by my name, since the grandchildren are lucky enoguh tohave 4 grandparents and 2 step grandparents, and being a 'granny' at 33 really didnt appeal.

Congratulations! Exciting news for you but I am sincerely hoping neither of my sons bestow that honour in the near future.

I had a Nana and a Grandma as a child but 2 Grandads.

My own mum expressed only the wish not to be nana so when my elder son was a baby he had a gran-nan and he solved the dilemma by adopting the nan bit when he started to talk! The paternal grandparents adopted the Grandma and Grandpa titles at his birth at their own request.

Happy choosing!

Congratulations to you and your husband :D

We have 4 grandsons - one aged 11, one 7 and identical twin boys 15 months old - all to the same daughter and son in law. It is soooo wonderful being grandparents :D:D:D:D

I am grandma and my husband is Bups. He was called this by the oldest grandson and it has stuck. My mum is Nanny to them and the in laws are Nanna and Grandad.

Sue J

Congratulations from me too :D

I am a step nan, called nanny peggy to a great 5 yr old, 11 yr old, 7 yr old and 16mth old xD

My own son is keeping me waiting. :o

I have a lovely photo frame with our grandson Bens picture and a verse which says:

If I'd known grandchildren could be so much fun,

I'd have had them first! :(:(

Peggy

Congratulations....................................we have 4 wonderful grandchildren, who keep our hearts busy, in more ways than one!! And we're nana and grandad, one other set are papa and nanny (she IS an old goat though, so it fits (!!) )...........so much for you to look forward to!

I love being a Granny and adore my two Grandchildren- they are enormous fun. I just wish they were nearer as I don;t see them as often as i would wish. they are on the Isle of Man. i am Granny and my husband is 'Grumps' ...it suits him very well :o

congratulations from me too.... :D

my parents are known as nanny and grandad, but nanny has a picture saying

'if mum says no ask grandma' xD

i find it interesting too when spelling mum or mom

i use mom for my own, but mum for the children in the setting. Mom seemed to be used when i was growing up and most parents in our setting use mum.... :o ( with exception to the odd one or two)

oh its so confusing :(..... i'm sure what ever you choose you will have lots of fun when the little ones here...

Jo

Congratulations. Like Susan I am kind of hoping NOT to be given this happy news myself just yet, but that said it would be lovely to have babies around (especialy at Christmas!) And yes I know that babies aren't just for Christmas to pinch a well known slogan. A friend of mine objected to 'nanny' so much that she opted for 'billy' instead - it actually really suits her.

Posy

Guest MaryEMac

Congratulations :D . I am step nana to Jake, 7 and nana to Millie, 22 mths. My daughter in law's parents were already grandma and grandad so that's why we became nana and grandad. Jake called us Mary and Richard at first but he said that we would be nana and grandad when his mum and Andy got married.

It's great though, you can have fun with them and when they get kranky you can take them home ! :o

Mary

Congratulations!!!! I am Grandma ( a young one I might add) to little Freya Niamh (now 11 months) Last year, I was in such a state of shock etc.. as my 17 year old (at the time) found she was pregnant but, this year has been amazing and I wouldnt be without my little grand daughter for the world. She is the light of my life!! You will have the most amazing time!

Mx