Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Golden Moments

Well along with Geraldine, I have one which has bad language.

We were talking about the jobs people do and I asked one little 4 yr old boy (whose dad was the school milkman) what his daddy did.

He promptly replied

"Oh my dad does f*** all".

I just said

'oh you shouldnt say that'

to which he replied

"Well, that's what my mum says"

We have been talking about all the ways we can use water this week. So we have had cleaning teeth, cooking, swimming etc. One little boy said about having a shower. Another sitting listening said "My mummy and daddy take off all their clothes and have a shower together". Probably wanting to save water!!!!!! :oxD:(

Linda

A mum at Pre-school has 2 little girls, one has just left us to go to school and the other one has started with us and she is very shy.The mum told me today that her little girl who is now at school, was telling her the names of the seven dwarfs. She had remembered 6 of them and was stuck on the last one. To give her a clue the mum said ' The last one is a bit like your little sister (Meaning bashful). To which the older girl replied 'Don't be silly mummy, I have already said 'Dopey!!' :D:D

Sue J

I'm afriaid I have one with swearing too!

We were asking about our pet's names, and one little girl said that her cat was called F***Sake. I asked mum about this and Mum (at this point mortified!) said that Dad is always saying 'Oh for F*** Sake get off the chair' to the cat, which is in fact called Molly!!

A few years ago now one little boy held up his painting and said 'That's the dog's B******s' I don't know if he meant it was rather good or really was a picture of his Dog's bits! :o

Trea, that really is priceless! I was rather embarrassed when I read it tho cos I was in our local library killing time (waiting for my teenager - whats new????) and couldnnn't help but laugh out loud!

Keep them coming - its the children and their funny ways that keep us going - otherwise we'd die under paperwork and beaurocracy!!!!

At lunch a while ago a boy belched, one of the staff said

*pardon you" a little girl said

"my brother does that ",

the staff member asked her "and what does Mummy say?"

"bloody hell Stephen" was the reply.

Mum was also mortified, when she was told.

This one is such an interesting thread, thought it was time to add my two penneth.

When my daughter was about 5, and we were living in Africa at the time, our truck developed a flat tyre, in the middle of the national park. We had a spare, fine, but then the jack broke. Hubbies language was a little blue I must admit, and he sat on the ground frustrated and a little anxious as it was late in the day, and we knew it wasnt a safe place to have to spend the night.

But our daughter went up to him, put her arms around him and said

'never mind daddy, Its only flat on the bottom'

:o

• 3 weeks later...

As i was walking through to the kitchen the other day one of our 3yr olds came out of the toilet with his pants round his ankles. I told him to pull himself up he replied 'Its ok' he then did a lovely tom Jones impression and wiggled his bits at me and said ' It's alright coz i've got a big willy like Daddy.

I'm afraid i just kept walking, went into the kitchen and completely lost it with giggles xD

The responce from one member of staff ' Well i bet it's not eye contact you have with daddy next time :o

I didn't realsie how must imaginative or "just pretend" play we did in our nursery till the chidlren and I were discussing our forthcoming picnic at the local park. As I went through our list and described the picnic food, one little boy asked " is it real food or pretend food?" :o

OOPs, and we tell chidlren not to fib! Where does imagination end and fibbing begin? xD

Hi all!!

In my nursery place a little boy, who was already known for being quite a character, was being asked who would be picking him up that day.

He went on to say, "it's me dad today. Cos me mam was out last night tarting!!".

Well we all looked at each other a bit shocked but he just carried on scribbling away oblivious.

Bless him.

After a really hectic week I was quite glad that 3:30 was fast approaching on Friday afternoon!

A little girl excitedly told me that she was going to a friends house after nursery. I said, "Oh! that's nice, are you going for tea?" and the reply ........

"Er, yes I'll have to because I don't like coffee!!!" :D

I'm off school at the moment as I broke my foot at the beginning of half-term. xD I spoke to a colleague on the phone last night who was keeping me in touch with how things are going in the Nursery. Apparently, when she explained to the class that Mrs. A. had broken her foot, little Brandon, aged 4 said "can't we stick it back on again for her" !

:o

Hi Jackie, sorry to hear you've had an accident. What on earth did you do?

Children say some wonderful things though, don't they!?

I love the avatar too! :D And I don't think I've welcomed you in before, so welcome.

No wonder Jackie's foot is broken if she does things like that (the avatar). Stop that jumping about right now!!

Jackie - just be careful, I broke a toe 8 years ago, foot went haywire, had op 2 years ago to try to get things straight! Failure! Now need bone graft from hip to foot, and will postpone this for as long as possible. It means another 6 months in plaster.

Jackie - learn from my mistakes. If they say don't, please don't!!

Quick recovery wished upon you. If the experts give advice, follow it to the letter

Diane.

Hi Sue, thank you for the birthday wishes, and no, I wasn't out dancing.

I did get taken out for a nice meal though with hubby and some friends. It's quite fun getting legless with only one good leg! :o And trying to negotiate the crutches was even more difficult than usual on the return journey!

My Nursery team popped round at lunchtime with an enormous card made by the children and a pot of glue to stick my foot back on! Also a tank-full of tiny froglets for me to re-home in my pond that we've lovingly nurtured at school from frogspawn stage. One of my best birthday presents! xD:(

Sounds like a really lovely day!!! :D

you be careful on those crutches, they can be lethal! I've just come off them, so have experience! Also, have just been chatting to a chap in Sainsbury's who had a broken leg and arm. It transpires, he originally only broke his leg, but got tangled up in his crutches, fell and the crutch broke his arm!!!!! :(xD

You have been warned. :o

Sue :D

I don't think I could cope with a broken arm as well. I must try and master these crutches. My original problem was a bad back. The pain was so bad one morning trying to get out of bed that I fainted, and as I went down, fell awkwardly on my foot, thus the break! :o

So no, I wasn't and never have been able to do handstands.

Jackie

Oh dear thats awful!

My husband gave himself a hernia whilest using crutches for a knee problem several yaers ago.

He actually hit 40 feeling as if he was 100!

Obviously dangerous things. Take care.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Something completely un-crutch-related (what a relief!! :o ) !!

We were having a music session this morning, as part of a topic on Pattern - you know the thing - clap, stamp rhythms...During the previous day the children had made shakers, and we were using these, but one child hadn't attended the making session, and was upset he hadn't a shaker. His friend, concerned, said "Never mind, you can use the knackers" (presume he meant maraccas) xD

Sue :D

How about lunchtime prayers!

One child sings.

"Thank you for the world so sweet,

Thank you for the food we eat

Thank you for the birds that sing

That you God for everything......FARMER!!!!!

We made father's day cards a few weeks ago and one of the after school club children drew a pig on his card, his mum said "that's lovely but why did you draw a pig?" The child replied "don't you know it's FARMERS day mum?" :oxD