Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Golden Moments

Hi

We had our easter service this morning over at the church.

After we had @done our bit' the vicar decided to tell the children the REAL STORY OF EASTER MORNING and one of my little ones put her arms on the vicars knees and in a loud voice say ITS WHEN THE EASTER BUNNY COMES AND LEAVES YOU EASTER EGGS

Needless to say staff and parents cracked up :D:D

I was talking to my wee ones about Easter yesterday. We had all the usual comments about chocolate eggs, bunnnies and chicks. I then told the children the Easter story. At the end I asked the children if any of them had heard of Jesus before. All of them shook their heads and said no, then one little boy said 'I've never met him before'! :)

Then this morning my 5year old (who comes to playgroup with me in the mornings) was talking about how she was afraid of the dark. I asked her why and she said because of the vampires. I told her vampires weren't real. 'But you said there were dead people in the ground,' she replied. 'Yes, but they don't come back to life again', I said. 'But what about Jesus - he did!' :o

Guest doohanok5

I recently asked my 5 year old son what he would like for his birthday. "An airing cupboard" was his reply, as his sister has one in her bedroom and he wanted one too!!! :D

I had thought about posting this earlier but decided against it for two reasons a) because I think it is actually quite sad and :o didn't want to shock any of you with the language! In chat tonight (my first time and it was great, apparently a record with about 8 chatters!) someone suggested I post so i have thought again and here goes!

At circle time a little lad was very purposefully counting with his fingers (or so I thought) continually making a fist and putting up three fingers, one at a time repeatedly. He wasnt saying anything and I asked if he was counting and he said "No I am remembering the words" I was a little bemused by his comment and asked which words he was remembering and out came:

"F**k, S**t, and B******s the words I am not allowed to say at nursery!"

It was said so seriously and so innocently but poor little chap!

I wrote this in the last news letter i put out for parents as we laughed about it for days afterwards!

we had been junk modelling all session and asked the children at clear away time to put everything away in the big junk box,they did a lovely job and the table was clear.

the next morning when setting up the same activity, my deputy began asking had anyone seen the glue pots - after a long search of the usual places and more unusual ones, we stood by the table thinking through where they had been seen last - and then, like a bolt of lightening, it dawned on us all at the same time-we emptied the junk box and there they were, spatulas as well!!!

the little angels had cleared them away as well- Mmmmm we did say everything in the box didnt we!!!!

kim :D

I have a feeling this topic will run and run - every day our little ones come out with funnies!

One of our mums came in and said she had had a discussion about heaven with her little girl 'are there trees in heaven, birds, animals, sunshine...' After about 5 minutes of this she told her little girl that heaven was full of everything she wanted and more. 'What? will I be able to make things whenever I want?' An exasperated mum said 'Yes!' (as would we all!!!). The response came back ' I want to live in heaven not your house!'.

The second funny of the week was when we were watching 'Finding Nemo' for a treat. A little boy sat on my knee and was getting fidgetty, not concentrating. He turned to me and said ' do you go to work sometimes?' I explained that Nursery was my work which made him frown and look at me intently. Then he said 'no it isn't silly!'.

along simliar lines to Lisa's we have one little boy at playgroup that finds it really hard when i leave my "home" and arrive at school with my own children. My home to him being the village hall. everyday at picking up time he asks why i am there!! also exptremely confused that my son also has his name

i am sure that this happens all the time

Also i remember when my son, now 11, was in year R, we asked him how his day was and he said" the teacher turned all the lights off made me sit still and ate my lunch for me"

but he had had fun!!

• 2 weeks later...

I love this thread :o

One of my teeny 4 year olds, very blond, and fantastically dippy, was playing word bingo one day. She finally filled her word card and shouted exuberantly 'bimbo!' instead of bingo....

my five year old was dressed as a cowboy and i found him with a rolled up piece of paper pretending to smoke. i started on the smoking isn`t good for you rant , but he just looked at me and said"mum cowboys was a long time ago and they didn`t know then that it killed your lungs!" silly me....

Guest Flossy

This thread has warmed my heart....

two little stories for you: this morning my 3 year old asked if we could go to see Jesus next time we are in Devon, cos when Jesus died HE went to Devon.

also, another little one from my 5 year old daughter........I told her to stop picking her nose, she replied as only a 5 going on 15 year old can....How come when I pick my nose you tell me to stop it and when Charlie picks his nose you tell him to pick you a winner!!!!

Back to Christmas - just before rehearsing our Christmas Nativity play, I read the story to the children and when I came to the bit about Mary and Joseph travelling to Bethlehem, I said that they travelled by donkey as in those days they didn't have cars. One little girl piped up "They could have gone on a bike, couldn't they?"

One day at lunch time, when a little boy saw his friend had a larger pack of maltesers said, "Little maltesers for little geezers - well that's what my mum says" :(

When I told a little chap to please close the door because there was a draught. He ran to close it and quickly ran to me and said I didn't know that there was a 'giraffe' in there.

When a police man came to visit for our topic People in our Community, he was showing off his uniform, and when he showed us his handcuffs, a girl said "my dads got some of those in the cupboard in his bedroom" The policeman, with a nervous look just said Oh, thats nice! xD

A little chap (no names) was looking at the police riot van and when invited to go inside, very firmly said - "No, my dad said never go in one of those!" :o

We could write a book and make a fortune couldn't we? :(:(

Sue J

Hi all! :o

yes, this thread is priceless!!

A colleague is keeping me up to speed with my workplace during my 'indisposition'. Friday eve she texted me this -

" we made flags for St George's, the children were sooo excited! They wanted to know to know what time St George was coming so they could wave the flags for him!"

Now we know why we do it! :D

Sue :D

For my sins I volunteer at our local scrapstore ( a great resource by the way!). Yesterday a boy came in and was desparate to have a very tatty football saying that he has lots of footballs but when they get to his house they all go invisible!

Guest doohanok5

Hi all

My friend was preparing the dinner one night and didn't have an onion, so she drove to the local supermarket to get one, taking her purse but leaving her handbag in the car. On coming out she noticed a gang of youths had surrounded her car, they had broken in and proceeded to run off with her handbag. She dropped everything and gave chase but couldn't catch them (apparently it was a really nice handbag :o ). On returning home she related the events to her husband and three young children. Husband was unimpressed and continued watching the telly, but children looked at her horrified - "but mummy... they said ... what happened to the onion?!!" xD

Just realised I put my story about the snail in the wrong place. For those who haven't heard it: the children were drawing minibeasts, we had collected some from the garden to observe and talk about. One was a snail and when I asked if it had legs, one bright spark replied 'no, it has a foot'. I explained this to the other children and they began their drawings. A really cutie came to show me his picture, a beautiful snail shell with a leg protruding from the bottom. When I asked hime to explain, he said 'it's the snail's foot'. :oxD

Another: yesterday at tidy up time my TA said 'I'll go and get the easels' (we had our painting easels outside). I overheard a group of very excited boys whispering 'She's going to get some weasels' :(:(

Keep them coming!

Thanks for that Shelley - I have feeling this link could run and run!

Today one of our newest and quietest children who never says boo to a goose was busy in the sand. As I was watching all the children I spotted one who had taken off her socks and shoes so I called to her 'xxx please put on your socks and shoes' whereupon a the formerly quiet chap in the sand bellowed down the hall, 'oi, xxx go and put on your socks and shoes!!!' You have never seen so may surprised faces in our Nursery!!!

Hi to all

Lat week I had to conduct a travel survey for our school travel plan with my new reception class. I thought this was going to be straight forward - how wrong I was! After I had asked the children who came by car and who walked etc etc I had one child left. I knew he lived near the school and was intrigued about how he got there! I said didn't you walk to school and he said no I ran!

Guest seajay

One little boy was drinking noisily from his cup. I asked him not to slurp as he drank, he replied, "It's not me making a noise, it's my cup!"