Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Golden Moments

I love reading the stories - children...what a joy!

My class are currently obsessed with my and my TA's first names. I keep hearing them calling themselves 'Shelley' when in the home corner etc, which raises a smile in itself. But i had to laugh when yesterday a little boy proudly proclaimed that he knew my part time TA's 'real' name... "secretary" !!!! (Her name is Terrie, but I think she feels more like 'secretary' at the moment in preparation for September's new intake!)

Keep them coming...! :o

We were outside in the Pre-school gardden looking at the sky and some seagulls flew over I asked the child next to me what he thought they were and he replied, ' They are birds and they make corners in the sky' If you think about how some people draw birds in the sky this makes wonderful child-like sense!

I was chatting to some little ones yesterday and the subject of chicken pox came up. One little girl was off with chicken pox a few weeks ago but not to be out done a little chap said "WELL, I have had chicken pox too havent I" to which I replied "yes , you have but it was a long time ago wasnt it" and he said "yes, it was a VERY long time ago I think its called the olden days!" :D

And though I am sure many of you have heard this one it always makes me smile "When I was a LITTLE girl I had a dummy" (now aged 2 and half!) :D

One of my most golden moments was when I was on teaching practice way back in 1975. I was reading a Milly Molly Mandy story to a class and the word "shilling" came up. I asked the children if they knew what a shilling was. "Oh yes I do" replied one bright spark. "It's money they used in the olden days". I was 21 at the time!!

Linda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, my friends 9 year old son made me laugh on a recent bus journey. He was reading the adverts when he shouts out 'that's stupid, open 7 days a week, why dont they just say open every day?' :o

Many years ago another friends daughter asked 'If Gods got the whole world in his hands, whats he standing on?'

Answers on a postcard please.. xD

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago.....

When lining up to walk through to the dinner hall,

Laura said ( whilst pulling at the back of her dress )

" My bum must be hungry, i'ts trying to eat my knickers" !!

Another day I said to the children, We are going to the garden area to see the wildlife, so let's line up at the playground door........

come along Samantha, get in the "line".... at which point she burst into tears..

I scooped her up and asked what's wrong, to which she replied

"But I don't want to get in the LION, it will eat me" ( must pronounce my words more clearly!!!)