Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recipes for slime and anything messy and fun!

Hi - would anyone mind sharing links or passing on the best recipes you've used for homemade slime or anything else that's fun and messy? Much appreciated, I've been looking on Pinterest but there are so many, I thought I'd ask to see which ones you've found to be tried and tested as it were! Thank you 

my favourites are oobleck ...cornflour and water (i think about 4-1 ratio??)

cloud dough 7 flour to 1 baby oil

and my playdough 4 cups flour 1 salt 4 tablespoons oil 1 tablespoon cream of tartar and then add 3-4 cups of BOILING water and mix then knead. (add scents/colours to dry ingredients if needed)

• Thanks 1

The slime I used to make was 25 grams soap flakes (sadly I think only Boots stock this now or a big supermarket) and a litre of boiling water,  stir together until soap flakes have melted add some food colouring if you wish.   I used to make it overnight as it needs a good few hours to cool and work its magic.   Next day it's very gloopy, has a lovely feeling to it, but not sure it's entirely like commercial stuff.   Some children loved it others weren't so sure!.

As Finleysmaid has said, cloud dough - but I used talc and baby oil.

We used to use a lot of shaving foam, only it was called Kid's Stuff Bathing Foam which I personally thought was probably better for the children's skin

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Panders said:

We used to use a lot of shaving foam, only it was called Kid's Stuff Bathing Foam which I personally thought was probably better for the children's skin

Sainsbury’s (other supermarkets are available) do a nice chn bath foam, £2 a tin but you get a lot from it, smells lovely and can mould with it :-) 

I’ve never found a slime recipe that is any good tbh, though chia seeds make a nice kind of slime texture.

• Thanks 1

I've made a cooked cornflour slimy mix - thick blancmange/custard but with just cornflour & boiling water - and left it to set overnight.  Also works with out of date custard powder that's been lurking at the back of your cupboard at home... 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...