Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Workplace testing

louby loo

I've just registered for this as it is now open to workplaces of less than 50.

I know we are all supposed to get them form the 22nd - but I thought I'd try and get then sooner as we now have all the children back and the school already have them.

I've got through hurdle one, and I think I now have to wait to be approved.

• Like 2

On 07/03/2021 at 10:34, louby loo said:

I've just registered for this as it is now open to workplaces of less than 50.

I know we are all supposed to get them form the 22nd - but I thought I'd try and get then sooner as we now have all the children back and the school already have them.

I've got through hurdle one, and I think I now have to wait to be approved.

🤞Louby, I haven’t tried as I saw charities are hitting a brick wall as they don’t have a companies house number ....sounds like the same fiasco as when the childcare voucher scheme started and none of us had a UTR number 🤦‍♀️

41 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

🤞Louby, I haven’t tried as I saw charities are hitting a brick wall as they don’t have a companies house number ....sounds like the same fiasco as when the childcare voucher scheme started and none of us had a UTR number 🤦‍♀️

We're a 'not for profit' group so we do have a companies house number.

Not heard back yet - they're probably all looking at the request panicking- thinking do we/don't we... Just like the vaccine saga the other week!!

• Like 1

we are a PVI so our tests arrived Thursday lunchtime and later the email with all the information on procedures. I spent the morning using the templates provided to create the documents needed to be in place for the start of testing on the 22nd, Staff meeting this coming Monday. Its not compulsory so it will be interesting to see out of my 10 colleagues if anyone  opts out.  I hope you the DFE sorts this all out for all provision! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twinthinguk said:

we are a PVI so our tests arrived Thursday lunchtime and later the email with all the information on procedures. I spent the morning using the templates provided to create the documents needed to be in place for the start of testing on the 22nd, Staff meeting this coming Monday. Its not compulsory so it will be interesting to see out of my 10 colleagues if anyone  opts out.  I hope you the DFE sorts this all out for all provision! 

Ours arrived on Thursday too but i have not had an email except from the Early Years Alliance. I have used the two templates they provided - one a log to record details about the tests issued and a letter for staff on how information will be stored etc.  Do you mind me asking who sent you the email with info on procedures.

I know that we have to record our results on line but i think we are going to come up with a log for test results to have in the setting.

This might sound a very silly question but... one of the headings in the log of test kits is ' Name of issuer' - wondering quite who to put here!!!! NHS seems a bit too obvious (even though it is on the test kit box) the manufacturer is named on the box but it was sent from someone else. I always thought the 'issuer' is the person who sends it and this is just an address with no name!

16 minutes ago, Gezabel said:

Ours arrived on Thursday too but i have not had an email except from the Early Years Alliance. I have used the two templates they provided - one a log to record details about the tests issued and a letter for staff on how information will be stored etc.  Do you mind me asking who sent you the email with info on procedures.

I know that we have to record our results on line but i think we are going to come up with a log for test results to have in the setting.

This might sound a very silly question but... one of the headings in the log of test kits is ' Name of issuer' - wondering quite who to put here!!!! NHS seems a bit too obvious (even though it is on the test kit box) the manufacturer is named on the box but it was sent from someone else. I always thought the 'issuer' is the person who sends it and this is just an address with no name!

Have you had any emails from the DfE ?  The links were on there.

From what I can work out- the staff themselves log the result direct on the NHS site, and then they just tell us the results for our own records?

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Have you had any emails from the DfE ?  The links were on there.

From what I can work out- the staff themselves log the result direct on the NHS site, and then they just tell us the results for our own records?

Nope nothing from DFE but will have a google. The Early years alliance one was quite helpful and yes i agree that staff themselves log the result direct on NHS site, If they just tell us the results for our own records i just think it might need 'evidence' or am I overthinking this. Of course staff should be trusted to do the tests and be honest but without evidence of a negative result (or otherwise!) no one knows the tests are actually being done?

Edited by Gezabel
typo

7 minutes ago, louby loo said:

This may or may not work, but I'll give a go anyway.  this is from the DfE email.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X4fLxy6_ppmpmKrv3hT2M6cduAN_GS54

Thank you so much.

ON the frequently asked questions i found this:

What record keeping does the school or nursery need to do?
Schools/nurseries should keep a test kit log, where they record which individual has taken which kits home. This is required in the unlikely event of an incident requiring investigation or batch recall. This log will also help record that staff have received the new instructions for use. This should be separate from the results register for data protection reasons. A template is provided on the document sharing platform here.
Schools/nurseries should also keep a record of staff tests results. This will help with contact tracing, since schools/nurseries cannot view staff results otherwise. A template record is provided on the document sharing platform here.

When i click on the 'here' i get the test kit log OK but when i click on the second 'here' for staff test results I also get the test kit log!!

40 minutes ago, Gezabel said:

Thank you so much.

ON the frequently asked questions i found this:

What record keeping does the school or nursery need to do?
Schools/nurseries should keep a test kit log, where they record which individual has taken which kits home. This is required in the unlikely event of an incident requiring investigation or batch recall. This log will also help record that staff have received the new instructions for use. This should be separate from the results register for data protection reasons. A template is provided on the document sharing platform here.
Schools/nurseries should also keep a record of staff tests results. This will help with contact tracing, since schools/nurseries cannot view staff results otherwise. A template record is provided on the document sharing platform here.

When i click on the 'here' i get the test kit log OK but when i click on the second 'here' for staff test results I also get the test kit log!!

I think I read somewhere that the early years link will not be live until 22nd.... would that make a difference ?

To be honest I've printed a letter for staff from the templates, and that's about it really. oh and I've checked the difference in the instructions booklet.

I intend to keep this as simple as possible.  It's all a come bit late in the day for me really for me to take it all seriously.   All the logging in/out of tests etc by the setting- my daughter just turned up at a  collection site and they literally chucked  exactly the same tests through the car window!  

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gezabel said:

the email was from the Department for Education and because they are sending the kits I think they are the named issuer?  I also got an email saying we will get a one off delivery of masks as they are now recommending they be worn in the setting when adults cannot social distance from each other......they are coming from the department of health and social care.......seems all a bit late in the day lol but then again, early years is always seen as  just the poor relation to any other educational setting so I am not surprised.

2 hours ago, twinthinguk said:

the email was from the Department for Education and because they are sending the kits I think they are the named issuer?  I also got an email saying we will get a one off delivery of masks as they are now recommending they be worn in the setting when adults cannot social distance from each other......they are coming from the department of health and social care.......seems all a bit late in the day lol but then again, early years is always seen as  just the poor relation to any other educational setting so I am not surprised.

Do the forms for recording get supplied or links to print?

Thanks for the link Louby ...you have to wonder after all this time why the 22nd ...I could have done with the Easter holiday first (as I’m sure many of you could) to get my head around it all ready to share with staff and get paperwork in order 🤦‍♀️

10 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Do the forms for recording get supplied or links to print?

Thanks for the link Louby ...you have to wonder after all this time why the 22nd ...I could have done with the Easter holiday first (as I’m sure many of you could) to get my head around it all ready to share with staff and get paperwork in order 🤦‍♀️

its a template for you to print, but be warned, it took me several goes and a lot of wasted paper as it is in a format I am not used to and is not a very printer friendly document! but I am not very techy

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, twinthinguk said:

its a template for you to print, but be warned, it took me several goes and a lot of wasted paper as it is in a format I am not used to and is not a very printer friendly document! but I am not very techy

Thank you, feeling less overwhelmed now I’ve seen template letters for staff and recording forms to print, was thinking I’d have to generate it all before the 22nd, hope the printing goes ok 🤞

47 minutes ago, twinthinguk said:

🤣 ...... glad I'm not alone!     I refused to hit the 'print' button . One the excel template side it took 6 pages to print! 😳

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

🤣 ...... glad I'm not alone!     I refused to hit the 'print' button . One the excel template side it took 6 pages to print! 😳

I had a few issues as it wants 6 pages of lines! lol someone got paid to produce that! on better pay than us no doubt!

• Confused 1

can anyone tell me if self test rapid antigen tests are the same as lateral flow tests???  I have a box of these and they are not the same as the ones issued by schools, wondering if I have been issued these by mistake? I will have to check all the others sent to us tomorrow!

7 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I think so from the wording in the Gov publication about the tests.

did you get sent the correct blue guidance booklets for staff? We haven’t and I’m not printing them so will have to make do with a link.

No booklets, I've reported them missing.  There is no difference between the two though- other than the cover!! There seems so much insistence that we issue the correct booklet it's  beyond ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm going to be a rebel and use mine BEFORE the 22nd!!!!!!!!🙀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1