Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Exporting Reports in Word

Currently we are only able to export reports in pdf format.  Unfortunately the formatting doesn't always look professional and it would be very helpful to export using word in order to edit and format effectively. 

Many thanks

Clare

Hi Clare,

With most modern versions of Word you should be able to convert a PDF to a Word file. To do this you will need to download the PDF onto your computer. In your file explorer, open your downloads, find the document in the list and right-click on it. From the drop-down list, click on 'Open with'. If you don't see Word on the initial list you can select 'Choose another app' and then find Word in the list. 

Word should then give you a pop-up saying Word will convert your PDF and you just need to click on 'Ok' to proceed.

I hope this helps. :) 

Emily 

Thank you for this Emily, however we have over 250 reports to download and this would take an awful lot of time to convert each one.  I will wait patiently for Tapestry to give us the option to export as a word document and in the meantime I will use our templates from last year :)  I was trying to look for a quick solution and didn't find it ;) 

Many thanks

Clare

• 6 months later...

Hi,

When exporting reports, you can choose to hide empty spaces if you need to; it is one of the options the export model gives you; another thing you can try is choosing a different Format from the drop down that appears when you go to export a report.

The drop down gives you three options; Default, Compact and Printer Friendly. Do any of these change the way the export looks for you?

You can also do what Emily suggests above and open the PDF file in Word, in order to move things around a bit. If there is a specific issue that is affecting the layout of your report exports though, do let us know and we can feed it back to the team.

Thanks,

Kat

Another vote her for being able to open as a word doc (though I will check out the above to see if they can be converted), I’d like the Summative assessments as word doc so I can fit a cohort on one sheet and not have a couple drop onto a new page that I have to cut off and sellotape to the bottom of page one 🤣 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback Mousekeeter! We will also take this on board about the reports.

In terms of the Summative Assessment screens for the current EYFS I don't think we will make any changes to these as we have new tracking screens for the new EYFS, but do let us know if you can okay export from the tracking screens for the new EYFS okay. If you haven't had a look at those yet, I've linked the tutorials for them below. :) 

1. EYFS 2021 - Areas of Concern (Guided View)
  2. EYFS 2021 - Areas of Concern (Group View)
  3. EYFS 2021 - Thoroughness Screens

Best wishes,

Emily

21 hours ago, Emily said:

Thanks for the feedback Mousekeeter! We will also take this on board about the reports.

In terms of the Summative Assessment screens for the current EYFS I don't think we will make any changes to these as we have new tracking screens for the new EYFS, but do let us know if you can okay export from the tracking screens for the new EYFS okay. If you haven't had a look at those yet, I've linked the tutorials for them below. :) 

1. EYFS 2021 - Areas of Concern (Guided View)
  2. EYFS 2021 - Areas of Concern (Group View)
  3. EYFS 2021 - Thoroughness Screens

Best wishes,

Emily

Thanks Emily, it makes sense not to mess with the current EYFS assessment pdf exports.

I have already raised that I’d like to be able to export the concern/no concern group view screen in black and white (the option that’s currently available for Summative assessments screens), not just print in mono, the reason being I’d like to then be able to highlight the ‘concerns’ in diff colours to show a concern is a below expected or above expected, I’m a little concerned that by just recording a higher achiever as ‘no concerns’ it might mean their development won’t be stretched and deemed ‘they’re doing fine we won’t worry about them’.

Not a problem at all Mouseketeer!

We don't have any current plans to change the Areas of Concern screens but if you are looking for a way to monitor your high achieving children more closely you could look at using hashtags within your observations or reflections so you can quickly navigate to them in the future. This tutorial talks you through how to use hashtags on your account. 

You might also consider creating a custom group on Tapestry for your high achieving children, this means you can easily filter their results only on the relevant monitoring screens. To create custom groups on your account you just need to follow the instructions in this tutorial.

We will be releasing some more information on this topic soon though so we will keep you updated about this. 😃

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Mouseketeer

I think the way to approach the Areas of Concern screen is not as an 'On Track/Not on track' screen.

It's somewhere for you to monitor how the child is accessing the provision that you have put in place for them. 

For a high achieving child, you may be planning activities for them that will allow them to gain that extra depth in their learning. If you then find that the child is struggling to access this provision put in place, then you might consider putting them as a concern for a while so you can help them to continue to make developmental progress from where they are. 

Likewise, you may have a child with learning differences, who has a different provision in place, and they are accessing it just as you had hoped and making the developmental progress that you were expecting. They would therefore be a 'no concern'. 

The aim of this screen is to really help identify those children that need support quickly, and allows staff to put in place things to support their development as and when required. For most children though, who are accessing your provision as expected, they would be a no concern for their whole time with you, and by accessing the provision you have put in place, making the expected developmental progress. 

is the antithesis of this though that if you have a child with SEND that they may be in this category for their whole time with you? would this also suggest they are not making progress? (TBH i have only just started even looking at this so this may be a stupid question!!)

@finleysmaid This is why it's important not to see this screen as "on track/not on track", because in that case, you are right, there is a chance that some children would remain in the 'Concerns' area and that is of no benefit to them really. 

The screen is really for you to track any children who are needing extra support for the provision that you've put in place for them. For a child with learning differences, your provision for them would reflect the support they need, and if they're accessing that provision, then there is no reason why they can't be a 'No Concern'. Likewise, if you have a "high ability" child who maybe starts to struggle to access the provision that you've put in place to stretch them, then there is no reason why they can't be a 'Concern'. 

We have just recorded this video on a practical use of this screen that you might find useful: 

• Like 1