Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYFS 2021 - Areas of Concern (Group View)

Please note the EYFS 2021 flag set was formerly called 'Development Matters 2020' on Tapestry. This was updated to incorporate the Birth to 5 documentation.

In this tutorial, I’ll be showing you how to use the Areas of Concern Group View screen for the EYFS 2021. If you would like to see how the Guided View screen works, please use this tutorial here.

The Group View Screen was designed as the quickest way to assess individual, groups of, or all children at once.

To find this screen, simply click on “Tracking”, then find “EYFS 2021” on your list of frameworks, then select “Group View”.

image.png

At the top of this screen you will see an option to “Search” (1) and the usual “Child Filters” (2) selection box.

image.png

The Search box (1) is useful if you are just trying to assess one child amongst all of them on your account. If you want to filter more specifically, such as via gender, EAL, Key Person etc. then you could use the “Child Filters” (2) as you can see below.

image.png

Once you have selected the children you are going to assess at this point, scroll down to the next section.

Judgments against the 7 areas have been split into three categories: Concerns, No Concerns and Review. Very simply, this is the judgment you will assign for each area for each child, based on your knowledge of the child and the evidence you have collected so far.

From this “totals” box, you can quickly see the distribution of these judgments for all children that you have selected (or just all children on your account if you haven’t used any filters).

image.png

As you can see on my account, all 79 children are “no concerns” for all areas. That’s because “no concerns” is the default.

Each of these judgements is also a link, so if I wanted to see only those children with “no concerns” in CL, for example, I could click there (1) and it will automatically filter those results for me (2).

image.png

image.png

This is a helpful feature if you are only inputting judgements for a specific area at this point. If you are sitting down to make judgments on all the areas at once, you can leave the “totals” box as is, and just scroll down.

Here you will see all areas for the children, and you can simply apply your judgments to each area by clicking either the “Concerns”, “No Concerns” or “Review” boxes.

image.png

You will also notice some hyperlinks underneath the child’s name and each of the areas. One for Reflections (if you have Reflections enabled), one for Observations and one called Timeline.

You can click these hyperlinks at any point and it will show you all the Reflections or Observations linked to that specific area.

Here you can see Abby has one Observation linked to EAD. If I click there, I can review that Observation and that will help inform my judgement.

image.png

The “Timeline” button shows you a chronological order of events for that area. Here you can see the Timeline for Abby’s Understanding the World.

image.png

The last things to consider on the screen are at the very bottom of the page:

image.png

(1)   Is your reference material. This is a collection of relevant and useful documents to help inform your decision.

(2)   Is your option for exporting this screen. As with most of the others, you can export this screen to PDF or CSV.

(3)   Is where you can change the date range for when this screen pulls in data. In other words,  you can choose for it to only take into account Reflections and Observations from your “Current Assessment Period”, from the “Past 12 Months” or “All Available”

So that’s how you can make your judgments on the Group View screen for the EYFS 2021.

Back to Main Tutorials Page