Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer 2020

louby loo

Now the summer is here, how are all you term time setting workers planning to spend your summer?

Anyone actually going away?   Not sure I'm brave enough to venture abroad just yet- and to be honest that suits me fine as I'm not really a 'summer holiday' type person anyway :).  

I feel I've lapsed into some kind of early retirement (well not 'so' early). I'm considering cutting back my hours.... then today out of the blue someone has asked if we have any jobs going 😳..... I feel it's a sign!

I need to do a TDL.  (I'm waiting for sunnyday to get us all on a roll with that one), and I think I shall be asking a lot of a few questions to those of you who reopened about what things you've learned about how things can run smoothly- or not  in the the new normal.

Hope all you all year rounders manage to get a break of some sort- especially those that have been open throughout. :) 

• Haha 1

What makes you think that I have even written my TDL louby! 🤣

Funny old summer this - we will not be going away at all. Shielding will be 'paused' for Mr S 1st August, I asked him yesterday if he thought we would be venturing out and he thinks yes we will - yay! Mentioned this to eldest son today and his face was a picture 🤦‍♀️ I understand that he is worried about his dad, but this is not 'living', if he is feeling that we can get out and about albeit cautiously then I am certainly up for it. The word 'paused' indicates to me that shielding is likely to be re-introduced at some point.

I am also hoping that those who have already opened will share some pointers with us

My TDL is nothing like as long as it usually is for the summer Hols ...very little motivation here, not really sure what to do for the best, we walked out leaving it set up working for bubbles which was great with only half the usual number of chn, I don’t know whether to leave it that way or go back to normal, I’ve told returning and new parents we will work towards ‘normal’ but it’s subject to change.

is anyone still planning for bubbles (albeit bigger than the ones you were working with?) that will have an impact on who new starters have as a key person (like working out days isn’t hard enough 😕) and not necessarily siblings as we usually do, my staff are very much ‘on holiday’ once we finish and I’ve forgotten who my committee are so no one to run thoughts/ideas by either 🤷‍♀️

• Sad 1

On 23/07/2020 at 17:31, sunnyday said:

What makes you think that I have even written my TDL louby! 🤣

Funny old summer this - we will not be going away at all. Shielding will be 'paused' for Mr S 1st August, I asked him yesterday if he thought we would be venturing out and he thinks yes we will - yay! Mentioned this to eldest son today and his face was a picture 🤦‍♀️ I understand that he is worried about his dad, but this is not 'living', if he is feeling that we can get out and about albeit cautiously then I am certainly up for it. The word 'paused' indicates to me that shielding is likely to be re-introduced at some point.

I am also hoping that those who have already opened will share some pointers with us

I agree that it isn't "living" just staying indoors - going out is a big worry but it's all about being prepared and making sure you have everything you "might" need with you and starting with little outings so you get some confidence before doing more. It's all about doing it at your own pace and not being rushed.

I guess "pausing" it means if there is a spike/ second wave it will be re-introduced? My neighbour has been shielding and said she will carefully make the most of the "pause" as she is quite certain it will be back.

Going back wasn't quite as scary as I thought it would be so nearer the time I am sure lots will post about September return.

• Like 1