Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Almost as rare as loo roll

SueFinanceManager

Hello all

For me this is the beginning of week 3 of working from home and I am adjusting to the new normal...whatever normal is at the moment.

So a bit of nonsense!

My hubby and I are both working from home so we are trying to make sure that at the weekends we do something other than work and walk the dog!  We have a bit of a tradition at Christmas to have a family jigsaw on the go so my daughter suggested we  do a jigsaw.  We had one from the in-laws and I dragged a Christmas one out of the loft but I thought "I know I will order a couple on the internet" 

Well that seemed sooooo simple but guess what....the rest of the UK....probably world have decided doing a jigsaw is a good way to pass the time and after visiting a gazillion sites I have managed to order 3....due to be delivered sometime this week....and or the end of April.  Usually a quick trip to the charity shop or toy shop in town and Bobs your Uncle!!!

So what things have you been looking for (apart from hand sanitizer and loo roll) that you have tried to get but have had real difficulties currently....maybe things like my jigsaw that I thought would be soooo easy to get lol

Be safe one and all 

Sue x

• Like 1

well frankly I cant believe you used the C word - TWICE!!!!

Sunnyday will drop down upon reading this one:D

Not me, but my son, couldn't get a key board to use to work from home from Curry's last week,    Have to say I haven't tried anything outrageous, but couldn't get first class stamps last week either:D

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Panders said:

well frankly I cant believe you used the C word - TWICE!!!!

Sunnyday will drop down upon reading this one:D

Not me, but my son, couldn't get a key board to use to work from home from Curry's last week,    Have to say I haven't tried anything outrageous, but couldn't get first class stamps last week either:D

In my defence re the c word these are highly unusual circumstances and I would like to not be using this new C word at all in any of it's forms Covid or Coronavirus!!!!  I was mildly amused by a new word today that a collegue used when referring to someone not abiding by the new lockdown rules as a Covidiot which I thought was quite good and concise!

As for your son and his keyboard.....I think the rush to set folk up for home working has meant that many office electricals are very hard to come by.  We were quite lucky as we all have laptops that we use in the office and of course most days/nights they stay in the office and we have access to shared drives so many people can access documents so that has meant for the FSF/Tapestry team we have all be able to up sticks quite easily.  

First class stamps.....well I suspect there will be lots of people posting things that they might usually just pop round to deliver so hang on to them lol

I came over all faint at the liberal use of the C word - but I recovered quickly - as you say these are exceptional circumstances xD

I bought some second class stamps as part of that highly valued Sainsbury order, not tried for first class :) Dauhter-in-law asked me to order some Calpol on the same order - none available, no surprise there really.....

• Like 1

My new hobby is eating ....I hope the novelty wears off soon 🤐

Maybe a games room is needed ...like the hand out rounds you get at quiz nights ...I’ve got some I could put up if anyone wants to play or could add one and the person who answers has to add the next one following the theme? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Maybe a games room is needed ...like the hand out rounds you get at quiz nights ...I’ve got some I could put up if anyone wants to play or could add one and the person who answers has to add the next one following the theme? 

I would be up for that Mousie :)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

That sounds good :) 

3 hours ago, Sue said:

Usually a quick trip to the charity shop or toy shop in town and Bobs your Uncle!!!

Well actually Bob was my dad, however I can agreed he was very good in charity shops, and when I he died he had a loft FULL of jigsaw puzzles which all went back to various charity shops xDxD (I am beginning to wish I had held back a few for emergencies)

3 hours ago, Panders said:

Feel a bit bad now, just before my daughter went on maternity leave she donated about 8 new keyboards as she was sorting the office. I cut the cables off and gave them to the children to play with O.o

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Feel a bit bad now, just before my daughter went on maternity leave she donated about 8 new keyboards as she was sorting the office. I cut the cables off and gave them to the children to play with O.o

:o

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

That sounds good :) 

Well actually Bob was my dad, however I can agreed he was very good in charity shops, and when I he died he had a loft FULL of jigsaw puzzles which all went back to various charity shops xDxD (I am beginning to wish I had held back a few for emergencies)

You could have sold them on the black market ;-) 

I’ll kick of a games thread :-D 

• Like 1