Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stange Times

louby loo

Feeling a little sad today.  It's one year today  since my neighbour died, I just want to go a give his wife a hug, share a cup of tea and piece of cake :(

One one hand the year has flown past so quickly, yet last Monday when we put on lockdown seems ages ago- more like a month or so.:(

I feel sad that I'm missing my granddaughters first proper smiles and  first proper interactions :(

Sorry for the sad post, I needed to say it and I didn't want put it other threads.

• Sad 1

Just came back to say that it's only natural to have a few wobbles - I have had two (I'm not a weepy person} but the 'clap for the NHS' was so moving, I really hadn't expected to be able to hear any other villagers here but how wrong was I, the second was thinking that if Mr S got this terrible virus I wouldn't be able to be with him at the end.....

Sure that there will be many more 'wobbles' before we get through this

I completely understand what you mean Louby loo,   we are though, very lucky to have excellent interaction sources like facetime etc. which previous generations wouldn't have had during other states of emergency.    Although your neighbour may really miss  a hug - you could "meet" over the fence for your cup of tea and cake if that  type of thing is possible, get your best early years inventive hat on and try to  meet this head on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Panders said:

I completely understand what you mean Louby loo,   we are though, very lucky to have excellent interaction sources like facetime etc. which previous generations wouldn't have had during other states of emergency.    Although your neighbour may really miss  a hug - you could "meet" over the fence for your cup of tea and cake if that  type of thing is possible, get your best early years inventive hat on and try to  meet this head on.

Much more useful and positive post than mine - I am in danger of depressing everyone and that is not helpful

Not at all Sunnyday.  You who are the most upbeat of all of us and ready for a quick witted response keep all our morals up day in day out.   Not surprisingly you are worried for Mr. S. and yourself.   Being stuck in for a large majority of the time for someone so "sunny" is a hard thing to do.  Thank goodness we are all able to share on here

• Like 3

Hi Louby lou, sunnyday and Panders -

Great that you've posted this Lou, and thanks for responding P & S. I think maybe everyone is feeling a bit vulnerable and yet worried about how to project that into these social spaces, which can in some situations be very unforgiving.

I hope you'll feel comfortable with continuing to express the emotions and feelings that everyone must be encountering in this unprecedented situation. Whether you do so here or via the real time one to one interactions of phone/skype/zoom etc is entirely up to you, but I know we'll make sure that the FSF community is cared for, and moderated, and loved.. Let's all look out for each other while this madness sees itself through.

• Like 8

On 29/03/2020 at 11:46, louby loo said:

Feeling a little sad today.  It's one year today  since my neighbour died, I just want to go a give his wife a hug, share a cup of tea and piece of cake :(

One one hand the year has flown past so quickly, yet last Monday when we put on lockdown seems ages ago- more like a month or so.:(

I feel sad that I'm missing my granddaughters first proper smiles and  first proper interactions :(

Sorry for the sad post, I needed to say it and I didn't want put it other threads.

Sending you huge hugs and well done for posting.

You are not alone and i think we all have wobbles. I am wobbling with a daughter in law NHS worker and a son in the Police force. I have real empathy with you about grandchildren - my heart is breaking i am missing my 17mth old granddaughter and my  4 month old grandson so much. Thank goodness for FaceTime calls.

Hang on in there we will all come through this by hook or by crook :-)

• Like 2

On 29/03/2020 at 12:17, Panders said:

She's housebound :(  I did however manage to get some plants delivered yesterday, and have put pots around her garden. Plus a pot of self seeded forget-n-nots I found in my garden :):)  and we have beeb able to text each other. Can't send pics etc as she has a basic phone - but at least we have communicated. :):)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, louby loo said:

She's housebound :(  I did however manage to get some plants delivered yesterday, and have put pots around her garden. Plus a pot of self seeded forget-n-nots I found in my garden :):)  and we have beeb able to text each other. Can't send pics etc as she has a basic phone - but at least we have communicated. :):)

That's good Louby Loo.   Self seeded forget me nots - planted some last year, must go and see if they have come up here yet.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, louby loo said:

What a lovely thing to do

• Like 1

I read yesterday that Michael Rosen was seriously ill and probably has Covid 19.   He spent the night in ICU and is better today.   The article I read tells of how he has kept everyone up to date with how he was feeling on Twitter up until he was admitted.

There have been lots of tweets from all over wishing him well of course.  One other thing that was mentioned was there are people putting teddy bears in their windows for children to "find" as they go on their daily walks - a Bear Hunt no less!    Have a few teddies left from my old pre-school days which I will put in various windows over the next few weeks and see if the trend catches on around here.   What fun, and a great way to honour this lovely man.