Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding during closure

ladybirds1991

Hi

Just want to know if anyone has heard whether we will still receive the money for the funded children from the Local Authority if we are forced to close, as this is practically 99% of our income for our pre school that comes in and if that stopped because we had to close then it would have a very serious impact on our finances. Have not heard or seen anything from our LA to say one way or the other about it, unless I have missed seeing it somewhere lol. 

I emailed my LA last week and got no reply.  On Friday, we got a generic email saying that a lot of people had asked (unsurprisingly!) and that they would come back to us with an answer.  I think most settings would be in the same position.  I'm very worried about the whole thing, not for my health but the future of my setting, my staff's jobs and my livelihood.  Stressful times!

• Like 1

I am guessing that the advisory teams are waiting for information but as things are moving so fast they might not have all the information they need yet.

It might be helpful if people get any advise they can share it so others have an idea what funding/help/support might be coming in the future.

Best wishes,

Sue

I posted a link on one of these threads with the info from gov.com. about funding being continued.

After hearing/ getting no support or advice at all,  I did get a personal (rather than a generic one)  email from the funding team confirming they would pay during closure. Essex.

1 minute ago, louby loo said:

I posted a link on one of these threads with the info from gov.com. about funding being continued.

After hearing/ getting no support or advice at all,  I did get a personal (rather than a generic one)  email from the funding team confirming they would pay during closure. Essex.

Ok thanks that's good to hear and thanks for the link

Funding for free childcare offers to continue in the event of coronavirus closures

Today the Chancellor has confirmed the Government will continue to pay for free early years entitlement places even if settings are closed on the advice of Public Health England or children are not able to attend due to coronavirus. We expect local authorities to follow the Department’s position, and to continue early entitlements funding for all childminders, schools and nurseries. We will not be asking for funding back from local authorities.

 The Government’s advice remains that childcare settings should stay open unless advised otherwise by Public Health England, and today’s announcement should help settings to continue to do so. This will minimise both longer-term disruption to parents and any income losses that providers may otherwise experience.

The full statement can be found here:

·         https://www.gov.uk/government/news/free-childcare-offers-to-continue-during-coronavirus-closures

• Like 2