Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We have been asked if we offer a twin discount. There is nothing in our policy and having checked some of the other local preschools they don't seem to offer it either.

Do you offer it and if so, how much? If you don't what are your reasons behind it.  Also, do you only offer it to twins or to siblings and what is the criteria, i.e stops when the older sibling gets funded?

No I don't - it's hard but you have to put your 'business head' on - they cost the same to care for etc so should pay the same as everyone else. Last year I had 3 sets of twins and if I had offered a discount I would have lost even more money than I did.  Whilst I agree it may be difficult for the parents nobody else would offer it, e.g play parks, restaurants, school etc. 

I don't offer a discount for siblings either for the same reasons.

• Thanks 1

if you have priced your 'supply' costs properly then you should not be offering discounts...if you need to make XXX amount of profit in order to run then why would you?...as you can tell i do not offer discounts and have been asked many times...none of those enquiries resulted in them changing their mind when i said no!:D

• Thanks 1

I think sibling discounts were offered more as a marketing strategy when early years settings actually used to make a profit.  Lots of day nurseries offered them years ago but I don't know any that do now.  Sign of the times

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)