Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

clear tubing

blondie

we have a child with us (expected asd) who's loves to watch things falling - he spends long periods pouring sand , rice etc through sand/water wheel and things through tubes etc.,

I would love to extend this to allow him to actually watch the objects fall so am looking for clear tubing wide enough for him to drop things like ping pong balls etc - I have looked everywhere but can't find wide tubing - I know someone on here will know where I can get some. Any ideas please?

what fun to be had with this Blondie, you'll be  holding back the other children   :D    How about one of those jumbo flexible tubes they use for venting tumble dryers, should be easy to get one of those as a kit from a plumbers or B&Q.    

Saw a couple of things on pinterest the other day - so simple.    One was a cardboard tube cellotaped to the wall and a young child was popping glittery pom poms down it, another was a cardboard box lid with a hole cut into one corner and the child was trying so hard to get a ball to go down the hole, fascinating watching him persevere!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 25/06/2019 at 22:12, sunnyday said:

blondie what have you started!

He has now found some on Amazon - tube Perspex 60/54 mm acrylic clear hollow tube long 1000 mm colourless

Thought I would let you know how we got on with the clear tubing - we actually found that hamster / guinea pig tubing was perfect ( the tubing where the hamster runs through from one part of cage to another) as it was clear so child could see what was happening as object fell/poured through - he absolutely loved it , so did lots of others lol.

• Like 1

On 25/06/2019 at 19:41, blondie said:

we have a child with us (expected asd) who's loves to watch things falling - he spends long periods pouring sand , rice etc through sand/water wheel and things through tubes etc.,

I would love to extend this to allow him to actually watch the objects fall so am looking for clear tubing wide enough for him to drop things like ping pong balls etc - I have looked everywhere but can't find wide tubing - I know someone on here will know where I can get some. Any ideas please?

I have wanted to find a completely clear marble run for years and have failed dismally, apart from marbles would be great with coloured water :-( 

11 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

I have wanted to find a completely clear marble run for years and have failed dismally, apart from marbles would be great with coloured water :-( 

look at my reply above, might be helpful? we let him use ping pong balls, pom poms, sand, coloured water and anything else he wanted to drop through - loved it.

• Like 1