Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A few years ago, we used to claim our free milk entitlement through the NMRU via Cool  Milk.  We had so many problems as well as the constant emails from NMRU asking to confirm numbers and more or less threatening life imprisonment if you over-claimed, that I stopped claiming and started paying for the milk ourselves.  

Now that money is very tight, I thought it would be sensible to start claiming again.  We started three weeks ago and have immediately sunk back into the endless problems of non-delivery and having our claim questioned.  I feel like giving up again but wondered what other people do.  Can I claim direct from NMRU without going through Cool Milk or another broker?  Is this very complicated and/or time consuming?  

Thanks in advance! 

Yes we claim direct from NMRU. Easy once you get used to it.  They do like you to enter your receipt details (makes the payment quicker) which can be a pain- but once you've done it a couple of times it's easy.

• Like 1

same as Louby Loo - I used to buy the milk (NMRU will have a ceiling price they will pay for) I used to buy Cravendale as this has a good shelf life, keep your till receipt as you will need it to complete the on line forms, you can claim monthly or termly, think you have something like a 2 year limit on claims, but that wont be a bother I suspect!   You need to tell them how much milk you have bought, how much it cost and how many children attended during the claim period.  As Louby has said, it can seem tricky to begin with, but really it's not, if you do it regularly that helps to remind you what you are doingxD

• Like 1

Hello Stargrower

If you are confident in your record-keeping, then you have nothing to fear no matter what is said to you. If, however, the admin overhead is costing you (perhaps more than you think), then I would go back to buying your own milk. We solved the problem some years ago by moving to water! The children are very happy with it, and we have no allergy problems.

Best wishes

• Like 1

I buy our milk and we claim direct through NMRU, its not quite as easy as it used to be and it is a bit of a pain entering each receipt individually but I've heard so many horror stories about using a 3rd party that I've never changed it.  You only get 6 months now to claim (found out the hard way earlier this year!) so now I try and do it on a monthly basis. 

21 hours ago, anthonymarrian said:

We solved the problem some years ago by moving to water! The children are very happy with it, and we have no allergy problems.

Thanks for your response.  This did cross my mind, but as we are full daycare with children 0 - 5, I think we should be offering milk.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)