Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

first aid contents

try this site for guidance. although they would say that you can be flexible and there may be somethings you want to include as extras.

https://estore.eclipse.net.uk/epages/premedshop.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/premedshop/Categories/First_Aid_for_Schools

We have also found that the bum bag is useful for the garden area and we also have a kit to take out with us.

(the second kit on the page complies with First aid at work too )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We have a first aid kit on two levels.  We have bandages, dressing pads, plasters, insect cream (check age for this), savlon cream and liquid, calpol, 3 plastic syringe dispensers for the calpol (this is because some kids are 7.5 so we use two to avoid cross contamination), first aid tape, first aid scissors, first aid tweezers, teething gel (again check the age), 2 thermometers at all times. 

We also check the first aid box every month for expiry dates.

Edited by Kimberley_AjayiBembe

1 hour ago, Kimberley_AjayiBembe said:

We have a first aid kit on two levels.  We have bandages, dressing pads, plasters, insect cream (check age for this), savlon cream and liquid, calpol, 3 plastic syringe dispensers for the calpol (this is because some kids are 7.5 so we use two to avoid cross contamination), first aid tape, first aid scissors, first aid tweezers, teething gel (again check the age), 2 thermometers at all times. 

We also check the first aid box every month for expiry dates.

Hi Kimberley and welcome. it's a really interesting list , many of those items would not be allowed in kits in England but i'm sure if we were to ask everyone across the globe there would be random things that are allowed and not allowed^_^

3 hours ago, sunnyday said:

note to self: add check First Aid box to TDL :ph34r::D

Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed at how much of some of it we need as settings and then it just goes out of date....if it was really bad enough to need 8 flipping bandages we’d have a fleet of ambulances outside >:(

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed at how much of some of it we need as settings and then it just goes out of date....if it was really bad enough to need 8 flipping bandages we’d have a fleet of ambulances outside >:(

Have said the same thing myself on more than one occasion xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/05/2019 at 16:30, finleysmaid said:

Hi Kimberley and welcome. it's a really interesting list , many of those items would not be allowed in kits in England but i'm sure if we were to ask everyone across the globe there would be random things that are allowed and not allowed^_^

That's interesting, what items would't be allowed?  Most of the items we apply or give i.e calpol, insect cream, we do have to seek permission before applying.  However being in West Africa you do need the insect cream as an emergency because some children can have severe reaction to bites.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)