Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Great moment from 2018

zigzag

So instead of starting a New Years resolution post, which none of us ever stick to! I thought I would start a post about a great moment from 2018.  Look forward to hearing yours.

This photo is from our holiday to Italy which was a real turning point for me.  The previous two years had seen me filled with anxiety and totally stripped of any confidence that I had, I don’t know what I would have done without the support of family and my staff team. It seems silly now, but I didn’t even know if I would be able to go on the holiday and enjoy it like a normal person!  I have always wanted to go to Rome since I was very young, so just being there was amazing.  This photo is of us after a lovely meal and way too much wine, so we were a little tipsy! We decided to walk down to the coliseum, where we just sat for an hour just talking about the past, our kids and the future, not something that you do so much in your normal daily routine.  It was one of those moments that you want to freeze and hang onto for all time.  We were just leaving and a lady offered to take a photo for us, now I hate photos and I know it’s not a great one of either of us, but I just smile when I look at it.

B22DD2B4-5E78-4192-98FB-F04BDD343E01.jpeg

• Like 7

Not sure about the greatest moment- but turning point at the beginning of Feb when I officially inherited (for want of a better word) the setting.  

One year on, and although we've not technically made a profit (need to meet reserves etc) but we did break even.......... considering the previous owner run up £14k debts I think we've done well.   We are a not for profit group now. 

• Like 5

my moment has to be my youngest daughter graduating. She has had a hard time through school due to her dyslexia and left after her GCSE's to go on to do further education at UWL she then stayed there to do her course ...so she's been at uni for 6 years! She graduated this year with a first, Very proud Mum and Dad ! She walked out of uni and got a job within a week ,,,,already earning more than I do >:(:D She is my inspiration when it comes to teaching...she was saved by one teacher when all the others had written her off, that's why we can all make a difference:)

• Like 7