Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Merry Christmas

Panders

Hope everyone had a Good Christmas :) 

We had a very hectic week before Christmas- one of our local settings  very suddenly closed :o  So sad, they were like our sister setting operating on the other side of town. We've had to do a lot a jiggling and had lots of settling visits on our last week (not ideal) and I spent last week sorting all the paperwork etc.

All very sad as the setting was old 50+ years!!    What makes it even sadder is this is probably because the land it's on is in a prime building development area. :(

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, louby loo said:

We had a very hectic week before Christmas- one of our local settings  very suddenly closed :o  So sad, they were like our sister setting operating on the other side of town. We've had to do a lot a jiggling and had lots of settling visits on our last week (not ideal) and I spent last week sorting all the paperwork etc.

All very sad as the setting was old 50+ years!!    What makes it even sadder is this is probably because the land it's on is in a prime building development area. :(

:( That is sad louby - can't bear to keep hearing of settings closing...….

Good news for you though if this has boosted your numbers

I have decided to get off the sofa and get on with some preschool paperwork - well just for an hour or soxD

Merry Christmas all! Sue and I are just comparing Christmas notes - all is well in the land of FSF HQ :D

Panders, we have been making champagne cocktails (champagne glass with a cm of brandy, a brown sugar cube, top up with fizziness) - not making these at FSF HQ though, obviously!

• Like 3

Not quite as posh in my house as Rebecca with her champagne cocktails lol I learnt how to play Beer Pong! I was not very good.  I had to drink a lot of beer :( I do not like beer :(

Other than that a nice time spent with the family and my in-laws eating very well, too well probably  .... real horror this morning having to put on trousers that did not have an elasticated waist xDxD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quiet Christmas as I was unwell for a few days before and still feeling very groggy (but upright) on the day itself.  I have been incredibly lazy as have been lacking in energy but the plus side is I have not even thought about school until today. Wishing you all a very happy new year, hope it is healthy and peaceful for all.  

On 28/12/2018 at 21:15, Panders said:

I have discovered the joy of cocktail making!:DO.o

Espresso martini anyone?

Tonight we have negroni's 

Tomorrow trying flat white Russian and before the mint goes over will be having a cheeky mojito

Mojitos are my favourite, can I have your recipe?😋🍸

24 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Quiet Christmas as I was unwell for a few days before and still feeling very groggy (but upright) on the day itself.  I have been incredibly lazy as have been lacking in energy but the plus side is I have not even thought about school until today. Wishing you all a very happy new year, hope it is healthy and peaceful for all.  

:( sorry to hear that you have been on the poorly list zigzag and hope that you are now fully recovered

Happy New year to you too - hmmm - we usually have a thread for NY - might have to start one!:D

4 hours ago, zigzag said:

Mojitos are my favourite, can I have your recipe?😋🍸

The limes might be a good source of vit c, oh poorly one.   Hope you are on the mend.   I have been ill at Christmas a few years ago and it's no joke.

12 ish mint leaves

2 tsp sugar

juice of 2 limes 

couple of lime wedges

put the above into a tall glass and squash with the back of a wooden  spoon.

Fill glass with crushed ice (bit posh - I just use small ice cubes :D)

add 50 mls of white Bacardi and stir.  Top up with soda water and more ice.

It's a lovely long refreshing drink, which I quite like instead of the old G&T occasionally

• Like 1