Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

keeping children safe in education

finleysmaid

The Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (EYFS) is mandatory for all early years’ providers. It applies to all schools, including maintained nursery schools that have early years provision. Maintained nursery schools, like the other schools listed under ‘About this guidance’, must have regard to Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 when carrying out duties to safeguard and promote the welfare of children (by virtue of section 175(2) of the Education Act 2002 – see footnote 14 for further detail on this requirement).
2 Under section 28 of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 (‘designated institutions’). 

Dont think it’s a statutory document for us, but as it says we must have regard for it when carrying out our safeguarding duties.

• Thanks 1

care

(Be cautious), verb be cautious, be concerned, bear in mind, beware, consider, curare, give heed to, guard, have regard, heed, look out for, mind, pay attention to, protect, take precautions, watch out for, watch over
Associated concepts: care and caution, care and skill, careful, careless, degree of care, due care, extraordinary care, great care, lack of care, ordinary care, slight care, want of care

my worry is that in theory there are then 3 documents covering safeguarding! the statutory framework/keeping children safe in education and working together to safeguard children. I find this confusing ...and to my mind confusion when it comes to safeguarding is not very helpful and potentially dangerous!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

my worry is that in theory there are then 3 documents covering safeguarding! the statutory framework/keeping children safe in education and working together to safeguard children. I find this confusing ...and to my mind confusion when it comes to safeguarding is not very helpful and potentially dangerous!

Dear fm - does your 'County' have its own Safeguarding Board docs - I ask because Kent does and I think I would be looking there for clarification

so yes they also have the LSCB documents...so that's another one to add to the list! it just seems a bit ridiculous for all of us to have all of this information especially the WTTSC and the KCSIE as much of the information would not be particularly relevant to this age group!

31 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

so yes they also have the LSCB documents...so that's another one to add to the list! it just seems a bit ridiculous for all of us to have all of this information especially the WTTSC and the KCSIE as much of the information would not be particularly relevant to this age group!

Agreed and this is something that I have raised at training - didn't get any 'sensible' answer

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)