Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Who does the manager's supervision and appraisal?

zigzag

We are a small committee run pre-school, who like a lot of pre-schools just about have enough parents to form a committee each year.  We have been very lucky as for the last fifteen years we have had the reception class teacher on the committee and in later years as chairperson, then when she stepped down one of the parents who is a deputy head took over.  From October she is now stepping down as her child has left the pre-school.  Luckily we have a great person who will take over, but she has zero knowledge of early years and no time to learn anything about it.  My question is, with this in mind who would you get to complete the managers supervison and Appraisal?  It is something that came up at a recent LA visit, I can’t see how someone with no knowledge of early years could complete these correctly.  What happens in your groups? I would be interested to hear. Thank you in advance.

well I guess there are a couple of things you could do.

1. still get your committee to do these but concentrate on the management side of things backed up by SEF for education side …..or

2. Get your staff to do an 'upward' appraisal or do supervisions in the 'round' (everyone doing someone elses)

• Like 1

I am the chair of our setting and had zero experience. Reading the EYFS, our Constitution and Policies throughouly and also some of the books from the PSLA have helped me gain so much understanding (also this forum is fantastic).

It's alot to take on for someone with no experience but I've learnt so much just from reading various materials online. I was going to step down this year as I've actually had alot of difficult things to deal with as chair but we have finally got to a good place I'm hoping this year will be more enjoyable.

In regards to appraisal and supervision try and see if any previous ones are available. The templates in the PSLA book are helpful and easy to follow 

X

Edited by C1403
Add

• 1 month later...
  • FSFRebecca changed the title to Who does the manager's supervision and appraisal?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)