Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evaluation after SEF

finleysmaid

hum well you're a clever **** aren't you! I didn't have the foresight to do this and now don't appear to be able to

So far I have sent a survey to leavers parents ...sorting one for new parents ...sent out two stars and a wish form for last term and done an action plan with the staff team. Just wondering what everyone is up to?

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

hum well you're a clever **** aren't you! I didn't have the foresight to do this and now don't appear to be able to

So far I have sent a survey to leavers parents ...sorting one for new parents ...sent out two stars and a wish form for last term and done an action plan with the staff team. Just wondering what everyone is up to?

Oh no I'm not - I lost the ability to get online to complete a couple of years ago hence the word doc - I printed it off whenever I updated and posted it to them

• Haha 3

We are using questionnaires sent out to the parents, two stars and a wish forms, actions from QA visits.  Anything from these will go into development/action plans.  We now have a weekly diary which is just jottings really, may include things we have changed/added to the environment.  Children’s interests noted for next day following week, planned activities relating to these interests.  Just trying to keep paperwork to a minimum and evidence all in one place. We also use the inspection document to look at and write on.

• Like 1

We have a "you said, we did" display in reception; we give out and collect feedback forms to all leavers and room movers; we have staff self-evaluation and peer to peer observations; Also obviously parents comments on tapestry. At events such as family fun days and leavers parties, we ask parents to write a comment on a yellow sticky note and put them up on the wall along with the photos of the event.

We keep a running record which I add to with changes and upgrades to the building and environment; new equipment; staff training attended;  policy updates; updated forms and systems/procedures etc. It's just a loose leaf folder with date, the reason for change and what we have done.   We also add into that any particular successes with activities with photos, details of trips and outings and how they went - also with photos. We put details of meetings we've attended, visitors,  any interactions with partners/community groups; website updates. Almost anything that shows what we are doing to improve and develop -  Its a bit like a diary and we try to fill it in once or twice a week 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

some great ideas  I agree that trying to keep paperwork to a minimum Zigzag is a priority for me. With costs rising I am trying to keep staff numbers low as I just can't afford it but that means I am a keyworking manager on the floor nearly 100% of the time. I would say this makes me proactive in my approach to challenging staff behaviour and attitudes but gives me less time for recording it. I am trying to start using my tablet to evidence more as I have it in my hand for tapestry though I think my typing skills need to get quicker!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)