Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

scooter suggestions

Our scooters at pre-school were looking really shabby so ive sold them off and am now trying to decide what to replace them with. We already have didcars ...which I love! I'm not keen on the usual heavy metal scooters (I value my ankles too much!) but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions for replacements ? It doesn't have to be scooters but probably needs to fulfil the role of balance for gross motor skills. Anyone got any recommendations?

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:10, louby loo said:

Probably not the best advice - but we have the mico-scooters.  We have these as the park-keepers keep finding them left in the park, and the donate to us if they are not collected after two weeks! xD

That's what I call a result!

Balance bikes? I haven't got any but have been thinking about it...….

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 09:31, Rebecca said:

We managed to secure a small grant to enable us to do this training: Balanceability, it went down extremely well with staff and children - we are also phasing out heavy metal trikes

what a good idea...not really for us due to the area we have for 'cycling' but I like the idea. I am always telling parents to take the pedals off their childs bike and use it as a 'likeabike' until they have the balance right!

I looked all over the internet for something different and have ended up buying the same scooters we had before!!!! but I would like to say a big THANK YOU 'for all your replies:)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)