Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

OFSTED advice

Hi Sorry if Ive posted in the wrong section I'm new to this really ha ha,

I'm wanting some  advice... my deputy has had a phone call from OFSTED to ask if she had a health check form completed by her doctor, she has been Deputy for nearly 4 years and worked in the setting for around 9 years, I as the manger have completed this form but we are puzzled as to why now she is being asked to do one, this also co-insides with her having a knee problem but this doesn't effect her job other than she can't run around easily but has seeked medical attention and is still able to work , we are wondering if its just normal practice carried out by OFSTED  or has someone reported her thinking she is unfit?. Any advice will be happily received

Thank you

Is your deputy part of the registered body e.g. management committee?  I think that people who are staff and are on the committee etc may have to complete a health check as part of the EY2.  We experienced this when my deputy joined our committee.

Hi

The number who rang was the OFSTED enquiry line, a form has arrived through the post, I'm not sure how they know shes deputy other than from our last inspection and she has had a suitable persons check years ago when she first started so I'm a bit confused by it all but we will fill out the form and see what comes of it, Thank you

Hi

I rang them yesterday morning as my staff member was getting very worried and upset as to why she has to do this, the advisor didn't really know but suggested that we  just  complete the form and send it back, so we have sent the form to the doctors and just have to wait to see what we get back.

1 hour ago, Possum said:

Hi

I rang them yesterday morning as my staff member was getting very worried and upset as to why she has to do this, the advisor didn't really know but suggested that we  just  complete the form and send it back, so we have sent the form to the doctors and just have to wait to see what we get back.

Don't you just love ofsted...xDxD

We had to re-register.. the whole thing was a nightmare, end the end we phoned as it was taking so long. After a long conversation about them not being able to find our application the advisor  then asked if I had ticked the 'hidden box' !!!!!  For some reason I wasn't able to find the 'hidden box' so obviously I hadn't ticked it.O.o

• Confused 2