Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

baskets/tubs for toys

I love wicker baskets but they don't really last and always end up unravelling or breaking around the rim.

Have you tried the plastic baskets that look a bit like woven wicker?  I think they're made by Curver and come in muted colours.  They're not as nice as the real thing but definitely sturdier!  The other thing we use is those big rubber tubs with handles that you find in garden centres.  They're good for large construction toys and can be used indoors or outside.

3 hours ago, Stargrower said:

I love wicker baskets but they don't really last and always end up unravelling or breaking around the rim.

Have you tried the plastic baskets that look a bit like woven wicker?  I think they're made by Curver and come in muted colours.  They're not as nice as the real thing but definitely sturdier!  The other thing we use is those big rubber tubs with handles that you find in garden centres.  They're good for large construction toys and can be used indoors or outside.

We also use the curve containers. They are just the right size to fit into some of our units. They seem quite robust - so far......  We have the tub trugs and the children normally empty everything out and use the containers.  Lots of role play and physical activity as they drag each other about.

• Like 1

If you really want wicker the only ones we've had that seem to cope are from early excellence. They are quite expensive but they can go outdoors too. We've had them for 5 years now and they haven't broken (these are their large cube ones) 

http://earlyexcellence.com/go-shopping/set-of-rattan-baskets-outdoor-storage-3-7yrs-2/

Edited by finleysmaid
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)