Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Register

Hi everyone! 

A register is something we're really keen to add but I'm afraid we don't have a date for it yet. 

There are a quite a few things that need to be thought about in some depth before we can add that to Tapestry, for example, the fact that it would have to work offline because it will need to be taken out of the building and potentially away from a wifi zone. As such, I don't think it'll be ready in the next couple of months, but we'll let you know if we need anyone to beta test it when it's got to that stage, just in case any of you are interested! 

Best wishes,
Lauren

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:07, finleysmaid said:

legally how do we stand on a purely electronic register? do you need to be able to keep them for a certain number of weeks/years??? how does it work with ofsted???

We are working through all of these requirements - we know that registers need to be kept for several years and that they need to be available if your building is evacuated etc. Don't worry! :) Schools use electronic registers so it is possible!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

We are working through all of these requirements - we know that registers need to be kept for several years and that they need to be avaiable if your building is evacuated etc. Don't worry! :) Schools use electronic registers so it is possible!

Thanks^_^having never used an electronic format i was just wondering how it works. I assume some of the full day care chains already do this so that it feeds in to the invoicing system.,,,no idea how that worksO.o

• Like 1

I had a purely electronic register in my preschool.  It worked really well.  I made it up myself as an excel document and it was easy to understand - we also used it for fees as it added them up automatically for us once the information was input initially.

I printed out weekly sheets so that children could be registered in and out on a daily basis, and do we had a list for evacuation. 

8 hours ago, Cait said:

I printed out weekly sheets so that children could be registered in and out on a daily basis, and do we had a list for evacuation. 

I guess it was this bit i was wondering about....is it possible to go completely paper free for registers?

Is it possible to record the children on a tablet as they come in, and use this as a fire log etc  I must admit it would be great to have an electronic format that we could work out attendance and milk numbers .

Attendance appears to be a bit of an issue for us at the moment ...a record done electronically would be extremely helpful to show parents how much their children are missing

I don't see why not.  I would probably do it that way if I was doing it now.  It must theoretically be possible for children to drag a picture of themselves across a screen to self-register too, although personally, I do think they need to physically have time away from screens and self- register manually some other way.   

It would certainly be possible to make a note of everyone who was in preschool on a tablet, and then use this as an emergency evacuation facility.  You would still need to keep a proper register too, for a complete overview of the term, for financial recording purposes.  I've no doubt that software exists that would perform both functions, but as I'm a bit of a cheapskate who likes a challenge, I'd rather make up my own system that I understand, and improve on as needed, rather than spend money on buying a system that I had to spend hours understanding and then find out that it didn't do all the functions I wanted anyway.  

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm afraid we cannot give any specific time frame as to when this will be done by, I can assure you that it is a priority for us, but as Lauren says there are quite a few things that need to be thought about in accordance with this, such as it working offline. 

We will keep you updated with any progress on this though. 

Best wishes,

Emily

• 2 months later...

If you are developing a register function (which would be fab, by the way), please can you consider the needs of settings who are sessional, and therefore have children coming in for some half days, some full days.  Another point of consideration would be including reasons for absences (ie sickness, holiday, etc), and also if a child is arriving late / leaving early.

Finally, perhaps another area of development would be alternate collection arrangements (where another parent/friend/relative) is collecting the child either on an ad hoc or regular basis.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi all,

We're pleased to let you know that Tapestry’s Online Register (beta) is now available! 🙂

You can access our tutorials for this below:

We’re not quite ready to release it on the apps yet, but we know many of you will be keen to explore, so we are releasing it as a ‘beta’ to start with. This means that whilst the released functionality has been fully tested and you are welcome to start using it, you may see some tweaks over the next few months - most notably, it becoming available on the apps.

In the meantime, you can use the browser version of Tapestry on your mobile devices to access the Online Register.  This video shows you how.

Best Wishes,

Alexandra