Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Training

I do love this site as always get well rounded general feedback, thoughts, opinions.

Another week poses another question. This time staff training.

We have two non qualified staff who we said we would put them on a course to study for L2/L3 qualificaiton and a L2 also willing to do L3.

Found a L3 course for them which os Ofqual recognised. Great and we have allocated a large budget this year for training.

Now, I have another L2 who hasn't expressed interest in the L3 but should we offer the opportunity anyway?

We also have two experienced and time served L3s so should we also be considering some extra training for them too?

I am probably being too kind/not very business minded in considering all staff and it can't all be done at once, but at the same time want to let them ALL know that we are happy to help them develop etc.

Not sure what the L3s could do, forest school perhaps as something we are working towards as leader is L3 qualified.

I've also looked at options of training agreement whereby they stay with us a year or so (if studying in our time)

Thanks look forward to any suggestions.

If you can afford it all go for it :)

Unfortunately we are not in a position to pay for any proper training at the moment other than half day updates.

I did once work out a good way of covering training costs if staff leave as soon as they are qualified - and if I can remember  what it was I shall come back and post it!   Sorry I have had total brain freeze since the beginning of Dec.. :/ (bad virus lasting weeks)