Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing your premises

Question please for those of you that share/hire out your premises.

We occasionally hire out our hall on weekends for children's parties etc. Users have access to main hall, kitchen and toilets (Office is locked so no paperwork available)

We have a checklist for hirers to sign to say they must not take toys outside, take their own rubbish, hoover and mop floors etc

However recently we found some glass under a unit that obviously hasn't been noticed. Our staff do not recall a breakage so we assume it was during a hall hire...it is often easy to miss things like this when cleaning up. Netherthless it got us thinking.

Just wondering how you deal with others using your area and equipment.

We are putting together a inventory of kitchen items and including on our agreement about reporting any damages etc.

I'd say it is hired maybe once-twice a month. Usually to parents or ex parents for toddler parties.

Thanks

We also hire out our hall for events/parties and meetings (yoga and singing classes too sometimes!) we rarely have issues but it does happen sometimes. Issues that occur are food in various places and bits of balloons usually. I have thought about doing all sorts of things BUT if you are going to set lots of rules than there must be a consequence for not following them. I am reluctant to start getting in to arguments with parents over deposits and how much a glass costs or how much we charge if the floor isn't clean! so we just get on with it. I go in after the party to check and then the staff check again before we start on the Monday....is doing the inventory going to cost you lots in time (and therefore money) for the sake of the odd 50p glass??? if you're really worried you could lock cupboards...which is what our local hall does!!!!

• 2 weeks later...