Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What to do?

Could anyone help with this sittuation. At singing time with a small group of young children we sang nursery rhymes and used prop. E.g five little monkey - having five monkey finger puppets. One of the children started crying because he wanted the puppet, so the practitioner let him hold one, then he wanted all five and ever other puppet we had. When not given all of them he proceeded to cry very loudly so that none of the children could hear the singing. Could anyone advice what to do in the sittuation.

Could anyone help with this sittuation. At singing time with a small group of young children we sang nursery rhymes and used prop. E.g five little monkey - having five monkey finger puppets. One of the children started crying because he wanted the puppet, so the practitioner let him hold one, then he wanted all five and ever other puppet we had. When not given all of them he proceeded to cry very loudly so that none of the children could hear the singing. Could anyone advice what to do in the sittuation.

how old is the child?

Must admit to not using props so much obviously we do have some but I tend to "use" the children - so 5 little monkeys 5 would stand up and do the actions while others are sitting and helping to sing, or if a small enough group all joining in with the actions at the same time, similarly 5 little ducks, one group of 6 children, one is mummy duck, the others are ducklings sent off one by one to go over the pond and far away Using own fingers for counting etc.

is this a general problem with him or was it just in this case?

if you wiggle a chocolate bar in front of a child and then say "you cant have it" you're probably get a similar reaction! I guess I would suggest that maybe giving him the monkey was a bit of an error! :o if you're going to give it to one then really they should all have one, bit unfair that the child who misbehaved is the one who was rewarded :blink: ;)

• 3 weeks later...

is there a prize for the understatement of the week? :ph34r: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if there is I am happy to accept it....I would like to thank my mother.....Oh sorry got carried away there with my acceptance speech :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)