Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Paperless registers and payment records

Afternoon all,

I am desperate to get away from our over complicated, messy paper registers which are time consuming for myself sitting every Sunday writing out the next week/terms registers. We also have a high turnover of children from travelling communities so find we are constantly having to make amendments.

Would anyone be willing to share their paperless systems/documents with me so that I can trial a few ideas? We have children attending morning, lunches and afternoon sessions.

We currently still use a paper based system for recording payments for sessions but again I would like to move to something more efficient if anyone has anything successful they wouldn't mind sharing with me.

In an ideal world I would love to invest in nursery management software but our budget just doesn't extend to this so I am hoping to recreate something similar.

Thanks

I keep thinking this might be the way to go to, but I only do one paper register for the whole term but see how that might not work for lots of amendments, we have the odd couple that might increase hours following a half term so just add them to the bottom.

Will also be interested to see what others are using.

Nursery Management software still produces paper registers. It does also do the payments though - and save a lot of time. Ours is not very expensive - its a web based system and includes all support and updates for £30 per month which works out at less than £7 per week.

I used to use a spreadsheet to create registers and record payments - I will have a look and see if I still have a copy somewhere on my hard drive.

We have paperless register. We use our tablets to take the register. I sometimes let the children tick themselves in.

The system we use has been developed for us and at some stage it will also produce invoices. At the moment it does still have its limits but does some goof stuff. Recently attended CP conference and was able to show non attendance of child.

really sorry I don't have the cost of it at the mo and I know you can buy of the peg software. I just wanted something that worked for me that I did not have to compromise on.

I would say if you could afford it do go for it cos it does make some tasks so much easier.

• Like 1

My county also gave us this free some years ago, I never really got to grips with it ...or maybe I just didn't give it a fair go :-/

Dont know 'Mouse' - they have done up-dates etc. and it should be at a reasonable cost, according to their info page, anyway. Like most things already set up I like to do things my way - then I understand it all that much better as it comes from my perspective, so I didn't use this, although did run it through the laptop for a looksee! On it's simpler registers which you can access a sample of, I suspect you could set something up very similar on an excel spreadsheet without too much hassle.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies everyone. I really would love to go down the nursery management software route but this really isn't an option for us financially at present :(

That's great that some of you have been provided with free software through your LA-Ours is about to end their LA subcription here so no chance of any software being sent our way!!

That's great that some of you have been provided with free software through your LA-Ours is about to end their LA subcription here so no chance of any software being sent our way!!

We're sorry to lose your LA - will you be staying with us?