Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phone call from dept of education

radish

DO NOT GIVE YOUR DETAILS! this IS a scam...they are after your info so that they can hack into your system. I have been plagued by them for the last 3 weeks...I cannot trace their numbers and when you question them they just put down the phone...they have tried saying they are from BT (we're not on bt) from companies selling printing supplies and the latest is the DFE ...when I asked what for they said they had info on the curriculum...I asked what curriculum they said primary and I laughed and said we don't follow the primary curriculum......guess what ...he put the phone down!

We also had couple scam calls saying that they are calling from BT and they asked us whether our wifi slows up at times and they asked us to log onto our computer but then we realised it was a scam. A week after a woman with a unusual accent called again saying she was from BT but when we told her we know she is not from BT she hung up.

So our message is to be aware and do not give out and allow these scam to hack into your system.

• Like 1

I have had someone phoning claiming as a charity we should be paying a lower rate for our electricity and they could sort this out, when I politely said I wasn't Insterested thank you, they asked if there was anyone else they could speak to that might understand what they were talking about lol

• Like 1

Getting lots of these lately......................i ask how they got our number as we are registered withthe Telephone Preference thing............and that usually causes them to hang up. I have now resorted to letting the phone ring to answerphone so i can weed out the rubbish and call back the important, genuine stuff

• Like 1

I have had two calls this week from the supposed 'DFE' ....... Didn't sound right as the call took a few seconds to connect and then I was talking to an Indian lady. Second call was an Indian man...told them to take me off their data base! Haven't been bothered since. Also fed up with the people calling about training courses!

• 4 weeks later...