Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

DBS delays

I've had 2 staff move to new jobs this year, neither new employers have wanted to accept their 'update' DBS and started again :-/

I've applied for DBS today just as a volunteer in a school I said about joining the update service and was advised not to bother As unless I got a job at the school I was volunteering in a new school would also want a new DBS! It all seems pointless!!

• Like 1

I applied for a DBS check on a member of staff yesterday afternoon via ukcrbs and received it back 6.30 this morning!!

OMG! I applied at beginning of July on a new member of staff ,thinking it would be back by September (silly me) it has been at Stage 4 with the DBS since July 6th and there it has stayed.

What ! That must be because of the time they are taking ;-p

I have a sixth form student (16yr old) started coming to us one day a week as part of the course, the school say they don't need a dbs, I say they do, but trying to find the correct answer isn't easy, usually they come to us from college where they are already covered, has anyone else had this situation and what did you do ? I don't want to 'make' them do one if I shouldn't be and they don't have in-supervised access but it will be regular.

What ! That must be because of the time they are taking ;-p

I have a sixth form student (16yr old) started coming to us one day a week as part of the course, the school say they don't need a dbs, I say they do, but trying to find the correct answer isn't easy, usually they come to us from college where they are already covered, has anyone else had this situation and what did you do ? I don't want to 'make' them do one if I shouldn't be and they don't have in-supervised access but it will be regular.

under the age of 17 and doing work experience they do not need a DBS (but are not allowed free access to the children) ..work experience children come under a different system...its on the ofsted website somewhere but when I need it I cant find it!!! we have been inspected several times whilst we have students....it has never been a problem as along as we have policies etc in place

• Like 1